Logi Browser
utisz

C270 - No Webcam Detected (Windows 7 64 bit)

[ Edited ]

Hello.

Yesterday, I bought a brand new C270.

I had problems installing the sowtware (2.10) (was giving some sort of an installation error related to me not being an administrator, however, I am !). After a search through forums, I found the version 2.00 of the webcam software, and finally been able to install it.

However, right now, my webcam software does not "see" the webcam as plugged in (the webcam is listed in my hardware in device manager). The webcam works, but I'm unable to "modify" the settings (I guess because the software does not "see the webcam)

I'm on 64 bit windows 7. I have no Avnex Virtual Audio Device.

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Re: C270 - No Webcam Detected (Windows 7 64 bit)

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum utisz! :smileyhappy:

What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably, its USB\VID ID?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
utisz

P/N: 860-000270

KachiWachi

Please try reinstalling the Logitech Webcam Software "clean".

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
utisz

I tried reinstalling it "clean", did not solve any problem.

Logi Browser
utisz

Also, a I mentioned in my very first post, I'm unable to install the latest version (210) for that reason I'm installing the 200 one. I found the full version (not smart install) download link from one of the late topics here in this forum. However, there is "no" solution for this problem in ANY of the topic I read.

I may give this logitech  back and get a higher version (like C310) however they all use the same software and I really do not want to put more money into this if this is not going to work.

KachiWachi

Please contact Logitech Support directly for further assistance with this issue.

Thanks.

* Thanks.