Logi Nu
jp_from_CO

C910 Cannot focus at infinity

Hello.

I'm trying to use my C910 webcam for an outdoor view. After purchasing 2 of these at the local Costco, I've determined that the webcam cannot optically focus at infinity, but rather is limited to about 3 feet out.

If I try to manually set the focus, the camera's focus mechanism stops about half-way through toward the infinity side like it's been limited in the camera's firmware. Therefore, I'm not able to even force the camera to focus at infinity. I can imagine this is done so that the auto-focus doesn't lock on to someone's background when using it as a video conference device, but it should have an override.

Is there a hack that I can download or attempt that will enable the camera's ability to focus (optically) at infinity? Otherwise, they both get returned.

thanks,

JP

KachiWachi
Topics: 246
Kudos: 1,191
Solutions: 485

Re: C910 Cannot focus at infinity

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum jp_from_CO! :smileyhappy:

jp_from_CO asks -

Is there a hack that I can download or attempt that will enable the camera's ability to focus (optically) at infinity?

Since you appear to be looking for "Developer" related information, please visit the QuickCam® Team website for assistance with this issue.

Thanks.

(Ref: This post)

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS