Logi Nu
BubblyCheese

Camera wont connect with my computer

I bought a Communicate STX today and I've installed everything and all that but when the message box pops up telling me to connect the USB to my computer, and i do so.... the thing keeps telling me that the Camera Wizard did not detect the camera connecting with my computer. I kept replugging it in but nothing happens, but i do notice a blue llight flash on my camera. HELLP!!!!
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 498

Re: Camera wont connect with my computer

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum BubblyCheese! :smileyhappy:

Need more info. Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
BubblyCheese

Theres not more info to it.... i read the little instruction manual saying wait till a thing pops up demonstrating to plug in the USB into the computers USB and i did and theres nothing. it wont connect
KachiWachi

I need to know -

OS
SP
Version of QuickCam installed
PC info, including the USB Controller and driver info

and anything else mentioned in the various threads that have been posted prior to yours concerning the "required" information needed to properly diagnose your issue.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
BubblyCheese

oh!!! okay lol/.....

I have windows XP, ummm and i have the quick cam 8.4.8 ummmmm my USB controllers are

Intel (R) USB 2.0 Enhanced host controller
Intel ( R) USB universal host controllers ( 24c2, 24C4, and 24C7)
KachiWachi

This problem has been coming up a lot lately, and I have no clue as to why it does anymore. I give up. :smileysad:

It is either a custom (OEM) OS issue, or Logitech has no clue as to what they are doing with newer PC's and USB Controllers (as far as their older software is concerned).

Please contact Logitech Support directly with your issue, and report back with their comments.

Thanks.

* Thanks.