Logi Browser
ddubo

Can't uninstall Logitech Webcam SW Version 1.2 (Windows 7)

[ Edited ]

I have a Logitech Webcam 200 (or C200, not sure) and also have Logitech's Webcam Software installed (version 1.2).  Every time I select either the shortcut on the desktop (windows 7) or from the start menu, a window quickly appears then disappears.  The two programs CameraHelper.exe and LWS.exe start but can't do anything.   If I try to uninstall (even after closing these two programs through task management, or even after a fresh restart) the webcam sw from the control panel, I again get a window that appears and then very quickly disappears.  I can't reinstall the program from the CD because it is at a lower version.

I want to uninstall because I am having a series of crashes on the computer.  I removed the logitech drivers and used Windows 7 generic usb video drivers and that cured my crashes for a while.  They have now returned.  I would like to siimply uninstall the logitech SW and start fresh.  How do I get this program off my computer (HP laptop dv8120ca, upgraded to Windows 7). 

thanks

Doug

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Re: Can't uninstall Logitech Webcam SW Version 1.2 (Windows 7)

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum ddubo! :smileyhappy:

What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably... the USB\VID ID?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
ddubo

Well, I updated the wecam software to version 2.0.  I have been having a series of problems with my laptop crashing when it goes to sleep.  On another forum, the problem was traced to the logitech drivers for this webcam.  I uninstalled the webcam sw and the drivers and my crashing issues have stopped.  I have gone through at least 4 power down cycles without the webcam sw and drivers and the computer has woken up successfully each time.   There appears to be an issue with the logitech drivers for this webcam.

Have tried to get to the site recommended in the previous post but it doesn't seem to work.  I'll try again to track down the webcam information, but I can't see anything on the webcam itself.

Doug

KachiWachi

ddubo sez -

I'll try again to track down the webcam information, but I can't see anything on the webcam itself.

http://www.quickcamteam.net/documentation/faq/how-do-i-find-the-vendor-and-product-id-of-my-camera

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
ddubo

From a tag on the usb cord the following is listed"

M/N  V-U0011

P/N 860-000206

PID  LZ025SE

Doug

Logi Browser
ddubo

Now I don't seem to be able to track down the Microsoft USB video driver for windows 7.  if I simply plug in the usb webcam, drivers for a USB composite device are installed and the webcam doesn't work.  Any idea as to where I can find the Microsoft windows 7 usbvideo.sys files? 

thanks,

Doug

Logi Browser
ddubo

Is this webcam UVC compliant?  I can't any reference to this compliance on the spec sheet for it.  I assume if it is UVC compliant it will work with the Windows 7 generic drivers.

Doug

KachiWachi

ddubo asks -

Is this webcam UVC compliant?

Yes.

Thanks.

(Ref: FAQ #6471)

* Thanks.