Logi New
OTOLARYNGOLOGY

Delete Thumbnails in "Capture Pictures From Video" view pane

We are using a Pro 5000 camera and using the option of taking still pictures through the video portion of the camera.  The still photos are being accumulated in the view pane in the "Capture Pictures From Video" view pane, and we would like to delete some them so that we don't have to scroll through all of them to get to the pictures we want.  Saving the captured photos does not seem to make them go away, and I have also checked the QuickCam folders in the My Videos and My Pictures folders in "My Documents".  Those QuickCam folders are empty, so that must not be the place it is stroring those thumnails.

There is no delete buttonin the "Capture Pictures From Video" view pane, and right clicking on the thumbnails does not open any menus to allow deletion either.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
KachiWachi
Topics: 246
Kudos: 1,191
Solutions: 485

Re: Delete Thumbnails in "Capture Pictures From Video" view pane

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum OTOLARYNGOLOGY! :smileyhappy:

Are you using QuickCam to take your still images...or WIA?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi New
OTOLARYNGOLOGY

We are using the WIA drivers.  We would use the QuickCam (TWAIN) drivers, but there is a glitch in our end user software application that is preventing us from using the TWIAN drivers right now.  That is another issue, and being worked on by the end user software company.

Perhaps the WIA has a folder somewhere storing those thumbnails?

Thanks again.
KachiWachi

It does.

Please consult the Microsoft Knowledge Base for information on how to clear this folder.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi New
OTOLARYNGOLOGY

Thanks again for your help!

I did a query about clearing the WIA folder for these thumbnails, but came up short on anything specific.  Would you happen to have a microsoft article number that is specific to this issue?

Best regards
KachiWachi

I don't know off hand....and I'd have to search around for the information just like you would.

IIRC, it is mentioned in another forum thread (again...you can search for this information).

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi New
OTOLARYNGOLOGY

Thanks for your suggestions.  However, I have searched the logitech forums, microsoft and google, and cannot come up with any specific steps to accomplish getting rid of the WIA cache.  Not sure what to do next.

Thanks
KachiWachi

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286066

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=quickcam_software&message.id=9392

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi New
OTOLARYNGOLOGY

I want to take this opportunity to thank you very much for providing me with the links.  I found the files on my computer, deleted them, and all is well.  Thanks for taking the extra step to help me out.

Best regards
KachiWachi

NP.

* Thanks.