Logi Browser
Jono

Disable Webcam Status On Light

Just wondering, is there any way to disable the orange light showing that your webcam is active?

I have an Orbit AF and I just want to know if there's any way to turn off that orange light.

-Jono
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 505

Re: Disable Webcam Status On Light

Which version of the Logitech supplied QuickCam software application/drivers is installed (FAQ #5105)?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
Jono

I downloaded the latest QuickCam software v11.5 from the Logitech downloads page.
KachiWachi

Per FAQ #6797, this feature was added (for supported cameras) in QuickCam 11.0.0.1218.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
Jono

Awww, so there is no way the Orbit AF can turn off the LED Status light since it wasn't on the compatibility list?
KachiWachi

Are you sure that you have an Orbit AF?

What is the 8xxxxx (or 860-xxxxxx) series number from the camera tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably...the USB\VID ID?

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
Jono

860-000063

USB\VID_046D&PID_0994&MI_00\6&F56837C&0&0000
KachiWachi

[ Edited ]
In another thread, Community Moderator pedroc reports that only two cameras support the LED Control feature:

Since the QuickCam® Orbit AF is based on the same hardware, I would naturally assume that it supports this feature as well.

For the moment, please stand by for more information as I have asked for clarification on this issue.

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
Jono

Please update me if a new driver might enable/disable the status light for more Logitech webcam models such as the Orbit AF in the future.

Thanks 

KachiWachi

[ Edited ]
Will do.

Thanks.

* Thanks.