My dad bought me a new webcam and when i installed it on my computer it wouldnt record any sound. it said its used for video chatting but if i record or go on stickam it has no sound at all. Does my webcam have a built in mic? or did i do something wrong installing it? The mic it says it uses is soundMAX audio. http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee178/J2kool12/DSC03264.jpg
Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum JohnnyNeedsHelp!
1) What is the 8xxxxx (or 860-xxxxxx) series number from the camera tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably...the USB\VID ID?
2) Which version of the Logitech supplied QuickCam software application/drivers is installed (FAQ #5105)?
3) What Operating System (OS) is installed?
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.) Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed. * However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then. * Thanks.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.