Logi Apprentice
thecreator

How to Disable the Logitech Microphone using Device Manager in Windows

Hi All, - Windows XP operating systems as well as Windows Vista.

Click Start, then right-click on My Computer. Click Properties. Click Hardware. Click Device Manager.

Look under or in Sound, video and game controllers. Click the + sign to expand.

Look for Logitech Mic (Orbit/Sphere MP). Highlight it and click disable. Click Yes to confirm your decision.

thecreator - Using the Logitech LX-300 Wireless KyBd & M. And also Logitech Ex-100 Keybard and Mouse Combo. Also installed is a Logitech QC Orbit MP Camera. Running on Win XP HE SP 3. If one hears a noise, as the camera searches home, it went bad. Return the camera under warranty. Call Logitech Support. Ser. No. / PID is found on Sticker on the USB Cable, not the base of the camera. Don't rip the Sticker Off. Don't open the camera. Voids the warranty. Drivers for Vista are available.
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Re: How to Disable the Logitech Microphone using Device Manager in Windows

Thanks for the post thecreator.

Please see FAQ #934 for reference.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Apprentice
thecreator

KachiWachi wrote:
Thanks for the post thecreator.

Please see FAQ #934 for reference.

Hi KachiWachi,

Your welcome. I knew how to do it, without your reference, before I posted this. But posters were asking for a shortcut without searching for answers. So I thought I would type in a post in a New Thread. Making it as easy as pie to find and follow.  :smileyhappy:

thecreator - Using the Logitech LX-300 Wireless KyBd & M. And also Logitech Ex-100 Keybard and Mouse Combo. Also installed is a Logitech QC Orbit MP Camera. Running on Win XP HE SP 3. If one hears a noise, as the camera searches home, it went bad. Return the camera under warranty. Call Logitech Support. Ser. No. / PID is found on Sticker on the USB Cable, not the base of the camera. Don't rip the Sticker Off. Don't open the camera. Voids the warranty. Drivers for Vista are available.
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

My honest answer?

People might be asking asking for a shortcut, but how would they find this post since you just said they aren't searching for anything?

IMO, people should be searching the forum and FAQ before posting.

If they did, they would find all of their answers...and basically bypass the need to post at all.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS