Logi Nu
carboncutter
Accepted Solution

LWS.exe has stopped working: what does this mean?? (Vista)

[ Edited ]

Hi - keep getting the message "LWS.exe has stopped working" when I try to access the Logitech software.  Trying to use Quickcam E3500 with Vista and have tried installing the most up to date driver several times.  Camera works in Logitech Vid but not Messenger/Skype - the reason I'm trying to access the software.  Suggestions most welcome.  Thanks

[MOd Note: Added (Vista) to title]

Message Edited by JSMO on 08-11-2009 07:59 PM
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Re: LWS.exe has stopped working: what does this mean?? (Vista)

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum carboncutter! :smileyhappy:

Please try reinstalling the Logitech Webcam Software "clean".

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
carboncutter

Thanks!  I've tried 2 clean reinstalls without success.  Device manager recognises the E3500 in video/sound/USB and reports that it is working properly.  The webcam works on Vid but when I try to access the LWS programme to investigate why it isn't being recognised on Messenger it reports the 'stopped working' message....
KachiWachi

What is the make/model of your PC?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
carboncutter

Sony VGN-NR10E.  I've two of these laptops & two E3500's (two kids...) and the problem appears on both although the LWS options panel did load once on one of the machines.

Logi Nu
carboncutter

I think it may have resolved: appears to be a conflict between using the Vid & the LWS applications.  If the Vid application is open it appears to cause the LWS.exe has stopped working message. Thanks for your help.
KachiWachi

NP.

Thank you for reporting back in with your progress and updated status.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
whatda1

I have the same freaking problem.  Mine is the C600 webcam on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.  Win7 is up to date.  I tried to install from the DVD over 5 times -- with and without VID -- and did not get a clean finish.  I downloaded the installation software from the Logitech website, and ran into the same problem.  I can't record video using Quickcam.  I can't use Yahoo Messenger or Skype -- those apps would freeze.  I've searched the web and there's not a solution located. 

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum whatda1! :smileyhappy:

Please post this question to a New Message. (Reason: Thread Hijacking - Different camera and Operating System)

Thanks.

(Ref: Help -> Posting Messages -> How do I post a message?)

* Thanks.