Logi Nu
WM71

LWS.exe not responding (Windows 7 64bit)

[ Edited ]

LWS.exe is not responding.

Webcam Pro 9000 installed in Acer 1410 Win 7 (64bit)

After installing Pro9000, even the Acer's inbuild webcam could not record video - hangs.

Already tried:

1. Uninstall Pro 9000 - OK Acer's webcam worked fine.

2. Reinstalled Pro 9000 - the Pro9000 hangs, including Acer's webcam

3. Went into device driver, update Driver for Pro9000, done that, didnt solve problem.

Went online - seems like no solution available for this problem.

Please help.

Logi Nu
jackbode

Re: LWS.exe not responding (Windows 7 64bit)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem - Logitech has been no help. Had to uninstall the software

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 505

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum WM71! :smileyhappy:

Does this issue occur when the Logitech Webcam Software (LWS) 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.10.1113) is installed?

Thanks.

(Ref: FAQ #3428)

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
johnhartman

I have just had the worst installation experience in a very long time.  I have wasted way too time trying to install the software for the Orbit AF camera.  This is the second bad Logitech camera software experience I have had, so I give up.  Why am I writing this?Basically to share my experience so that other know better.

My configuration is dead simple.  Windows 7 64-bit on an Acer Aspire 4810TZ-4120.  I insert the CD, and attempt to install the software.  After uncompressing, the setup program simply hangs and it does so in the worst way: A window frame titled "Installing Webcam Software" and an empty client area which cannot be closed without a very hard reboot.  As in hold the power button done for 5 seconds.  Since there are no buttons in the blank window, the only button is the "X", which opens a dialog asking if I'd like to cancel setup.  Saying okay does nothing.  Killing the setup program in the Task Manager does nothing.  Logging out does nothing.  Restarting the computers causes Windows to ask me if I'd like to force the setup program to exit.  Saying "okay" does nothing.  Even going to the web site and downloading the latest setup for my camera today, resulted in exactly the same behavior.  I haven't had an experience this bad since the Windows 95 days.  And this is on Logitech's top of the line web camera.  Logitech, Windows 7 no longer behaves like Windows 95.  Your camera software still does.  We have all moved on.  Your camera software hasn't

I would really like to know why on earth, in 2010, with Windows 7, the best version of Windows ever, the Logitech installer hangs like this.  Hello?  Did you test the installer?   The box claims support for Windows 7.  I would like to know how a setup program like this ever made it out the door at Logitech.  Does Logitech exec team even know about this severe problem?  My advice to Logitech?  Stop what you are doing and fix this problem.  Now.  If you are the CEO of Logitech, get in your car and drive the software team's office and do not leave until this problem is fixed and/or you have replaced the staff responsible for this outrageous customer experience.  Stop adding new features like panning and tilt and applications like Logitech Vid.  I never got to see the features or Logitech Vid.  I can only wonder what they are like.

The worst part of this sad tale is why I bought the new camera in the first place: because Logitech does not supply Windows 7 drivers for my "good as new" old Logitech Webcam.  But then that Logitech camera software had its own problems that resulted in causing other applications that have nothing to do with video cameras to crash randomly in mysterious ways (dll injection).

One last beef.  The packaging.  It's not really a box, not really a plastic clam shell.  One might easier solve the Rubix Cube than figure out how to repack the product even badly.  I've had to resort to throwing all the parts, bits, and pieces into a shopping bag, so that I can return it to Best Buy tomorrow.  Would anyone blame me if I simply threw the everything through the door of Best Buy?

John

KachiWachi

@ johnhartman -

Please post this question to a New Message.

Reason: Thread Hijacking - Different issue (Initial installation problem, and comments that are not related to the topic title).

Thanks.

(Ref: Help -> Posting Messages -> How do I post a message?)

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
Vini

Folks,

I think I got the solution for this problem while Logitech does not provide us an upgrade. I will let you know the steps I went through, although some of the descriptions may be misspelling, since my Windows 7 version is in Portuguese:
1. Install the setup of the Pro 9000. After installing it, don't try to use the LWS software, or you'll have the message "LWS.exe is not responding"
2. Go to Start→"Devices and Printers". There you will see the device "Logitech Webcam Pro 9000". Click one time in its icon and, afterwards, click with the right button of the mouse. Now click in "Properties".
3. A window called "Properties of Logitech Webcam Pro 900" will open. Click the tab "Hardware" and, in the inner window called "Functions of the Device", mark the option "Logitech USB audio (Webcam Pro 900). Next step, click in "Properties".
4. A new window will open, which is called "Properties of Logitech USB audio (Webcam Pro 9000)". Now click the button "Change Configuration".
5. In the last window opened, click the tab "Driver" and finally click the option "Uninstall".
    Doing these steps, you will be simply uninstalling the audio driver of the Pro 9000, but not the video driver. After completion of the steps, the Windows System will automatically recognize the audio hardware that exists in the Pro 9000 and will reinstall a new audio driver called "Device of USB audio", which is a generic driver and is signed by Microsoft.

After this reinstallation, you can from now open the LWS and configure all its features, including the audio features, without facing the crash in the software. And besides it, you can still have the benefits of all the features of LWS. The last but not the least, from then on, it turns out to be possible to use the camera with Skype.
KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum Vini! :smileyhappy:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=quickcam_software&message.id=71090&#M7109...

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
Renosuperdave

[ Edited ]

I have a Dell Inspiron Windows 7 Home Premium using a built in Web Cam (Dell Webcam) Trying to install the Logitech Pro 9000, I have the same problem LWS. exe is not responding. After hours of uninstalling - reinstalling, turning off services etc.etc. No luck. Here is how I semi fix the problem. I only installed the Logitech drivers NOT the software (Utilities- or the live VID). You can then use your built in Cams utilities,software such as quick capture, and record. I have a choice as of which cam to use, and it recognizes the Logitech Cam and Mike. So far it works. Hope this help,

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum Renosuperdave! :smileyhappy:

OK.

Thank you for posting your comments and suggestion to this thread.

* Thanks.