Logi Nu
Newmocheybear

Logitech C270h Webcam Not Showing Up.

I've recently purchased the Logitech C270h HD webcam. I'm using Windows XP, and I have the latest software installed for the webcam. The issue I'm having is when I launch the "Logitech Webcam Software" I go to "Quick Capture" and the webcam doesn't turn on, the "Quick Capture" screen only shows black, no image at all. I tried using the cam on Skype but a message will show saying "Skype can't connect to your webcam. Close any other applications that might be using your webcam. You could also plug your webcam into a different USB port on your computer, then restart." When I go to "My Computer" there I will find a logo that's called "Logitech HD Webcam C270", when I click on it it launches and my webcam turns on and I can see the video, and the Logitech HD Webcam Controller pops up and says "In use by: Explorer". That's the only way I could get the cam to show up. I'm not sure what's going on. I've tried several didn't solutions I've found to fix the problem I'm having, but so far none of those solutions worked for me. I cannot call customer service since I currently do not have a phone. If anymore information is needed then I'll try to provide it. Thank you.

Logi Nu
Newmocheybear

Re: Logitech C270h Webcam Not Showing Up.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the video output, but I have no clue how to check since I'm not so familiar with video outputs. Any help?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello Newmocheybear,

Please remove the C270 and remove the Logitech Webcam Software. Install in clean boot mode as outlined in the link provided. http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/620/section/troubleshoot/crid/435/lt_pro...

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Newmocheybear

I reinstalled the webcam and software in "clean boot". Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem. Is there any other solutions that may work? Thanks.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Hello Newmocheybear,

Please be sure that only one application is active that can use a web camera. If you are using an external USB hub please disable it for trouble shooting. The description of your issue seems like a software conflict. You could contact Logitech Customer Care for your region via email support. http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/ask/section/contact/crid/595/lt_product_id/**/tabs/**

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
ch2x2

I had a similar problem.  Turns out to be a software conflict between Logitech webcam software and Skype.  Installed Logitech webcam software (not the drivers), and it started to work again.  

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,297
Solutions: 506

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum ch2x2! :smileyhappy:

ch2x2 sez -

I had a similar problem.  Turns out to be a software conflict between Logitech webcam software and Skype.  Installed Logitech webcam software (not the drivers), and it started to work again.  

OK.

Thank you for posting your comments and suggestion to this rather old thread.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS