Logi Nu
mikeyd1

Logitech QuickCam Software And Manycam

I have a Logitech QuickCam E2500 and would like to use the webcam in multiple applications.  MayCam works great for this purpose.  However, when I use ManyCam (which takes control of the webcam) - I can no longer use the Logitech tools (snapshot, video recording, etc. etc.) as it says the webcam is in use.

Is there a way to have the Logitech software use the ManyCam "proxy" of the Logitech webcam rather than direct to the webcam itself?

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,261
Solutions: 503

Re: Logitech QuickCam Software And Manycam

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum mikeyd1! :smileyhappy:

1) What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably... the USB\VID ID?

2) Which version of the Logitech supplied QuickCam software application/drivers is installed (FAQ #5105)?

3) What Operating System (OS) and Service Pack (SP) version is installed?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
mikeyd1

USB\VID_046D&PID_089D\5&2C229D20&0&1

Logitech QuickCam Software: Version 11.80.1065.0000

OS: Microsoft XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3

Logi Nu
mikeyd1

More notes:

1) Previously listed operating system (XP) is 32-bit

2) Tried cam. on another machine running Vista Pro Edition SP1 with upgraded software (Version 12.10.1113.0000) and issue still persists.  New software knows ManyCam is the conflicting application.

However, in Settings -> Advanced Settings, I would like to be able to pick ManyCam under "Camera Selector" since ManyCam is simply buffering the Logitec Camera.  This would allow me to use the Logitech tools (camera snapshot/video capture) while using ManyCam.

KachiWachi

Please contact Logitech Support directly for assistance with this issue.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
mikeyd1

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, that route did not help.  I had previously seen support here which led to the application developer - so I was hopeful for an enhancement.  However, I do understand the constraints and possible pitfalls of supporting oddball configurations.

Response from support:
======================

Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting Logitech Electronic Technical Support.

I understand that you would like to use your Manycam with our Logitech Software.
Unfortunately, there's no way that we can troubleshoot this concern since Manycam is a third-party program that we don't support.
What i can suggest is to refer this to Manycam's support.
However, regarding with your concern what i can support is to set our Logitech webcam as your default.

Should you have further questions, feel free to reply. You may also check or visit our website at www.logitech.com

Thanks again for choosing Logitech!

Sincerely,

(personal content edited)
Logitech Customer Care
www.Logitech.com/support

In United States 646-454-3200
In Canada 866-934-5644
Business Hours:
6:00AM - 6:00PM PST Monday-Friday

KachiWachi

OK.

Thank you for reporting back in with your progress and updated status.

* Thanks.