Logi Browser
riahc3

Logitech Quickcam Express for Windows 7 - Drivers

[ Edited ]
Im looking for drivers for my Logitech Quickcam Express. Ill explain:

My webcam isnt supported under Vista (as said by Logitech) yet when I plugged it in, Windows Vista automatically installed some drivers and it works (In Windows Live Messenger for example). I searched Windows Update and find a (seems to be updated) driver. Now I installed Imagestudio to record video/pictures and it installed its own driver which does not work. And now my webcam doesnt work anymore and the Windows Update driver isnt there anymore. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.
Im wondering if I will have this same issue as I am upgrading ASAP to Windows 7.
The camera Im talking about BTW is this one:
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9806/31032008xh0.jpg
Message Edited by riahc3 on 08-11-2009 05:47 PM
 Mod Edit: Changed image to an image link so as to not break borders
Message Edited by LowFrequency on 08-13-2009 09:53 AM
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,261
Solutions: 503

Re: Logitech Quickcam Express for Windows 7 - Drivers

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, this camera will not be supported on Windows 7. :smileysad:

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
riahc3

The thing is it wasnt supported in Windows 7 either but Windows installed some drivers anyways and it worked.

Are there any projects that have modded drivers for this camera?

KachiWachi

Unfortunately, per the Logitech Community Forums Terms of Use (FAQ #3915), unsupported information (e.g., "modded" drivers) cannot be posted to the forum. :smileysad:

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
brenniman

The annoying thing about this is that the Logitech Quickcam Express, though an older cam, COULD be made to function under Windows 7 and by not supporting it any longer is just a way to make the older Logitech Quickcam users become obsolete and oblige you into buying a new camera.

I think this is outrageous and would recommend users to switch company brands for their next camera purchases as if Logitech pulled this stunt with Windows 7, they will pull it off again at a later date making users obsolete once again. I also own an older Logitech Quickcam Express that will not work under Windows 7 so have decided to not bother with it for now till I do decide to purchase another one... a different brand. Nice going Logitech.

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum brenniman! :smileyhappy:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=quickcam_software&thread.id=19495

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
ayush_ps

[ Edited ]

Quickcam express works on 7.......i used it on 7....the drivers were downloaded from automatic updates...but after using it for 3 months when in unplugged it off and plugged it again it started the entire looking for drivers thing again and now my webcam is not working......

thats why i'm seriously (edited) ..coz i know it works on it n now i have no idea why it suddenly stopped working....

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum ayush_ps! :smileyhappy:

What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably... the USB\VID ID?

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
freddi

[ Edited ]

i have windows 7 home premium and quickcam express working on i just download this  link. README first plugg the camera in the computer and it will install a driver who not work, but do it. and so run: lws110.  it said he not found the camera but just ignore that and skip it. now you shoud have a  working camera if it not work rapeat it. but dont forget to uinstall the driver before you do it. to do that you most go to computer right click on it an propeties. click on divice manager and so imaging devices so uinstall logitech quickcam express. right click and uinstall. 

[Moderator: Hyperlink removed. Reason: TOS violation, unauthorized software]

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum freddi! :smileyhappy:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Webcams/Finding-Camera-Software-and-Drivers/m-p/479940#M80842

Thanks.

* Thanks.