Logi Nu
mr11brick

Logitech Webcam C270 not detected properly?

Heyho, I'm new to this forum and already got a problem.

I recently bought myself a Logitech C270 Webcam, which worked just fine the first 2 days (by fine I mean "working directly atfer i plugged it in")

Then, all over sudden it stopped working after said 2 days. My PC didn't detect it as a Logitech Webcam anymore, it just told me it found 3 devices (Audio, Video and another one I can't remember, I'll look into that once I get home again)

I already tried reinstalling the Logitech software, plugging it into other ports, I also formatted my PC and reinstalled Vista Home Premium (Well, I did that so my boot manager works again) but it still detects the webcam as 3 seperate devices.

By the way, if I choose the microphone (for example in Skype) it works, just the webcam part is broken.

I hope you can help me, since I'd really like to "keep on" using it (the quality is pretty nice).

Excuse grammar mistakes please, I'm from germany and therefor my english isn't that well.

Greetings,

Cedric.

Logi Nu
labdan

Re: Logitech Webcam C270 not detected properly?

Not alone, mine topped working after a few weeks, no troubleshooting worked. just gonna buy another and keep the box for next time.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
dhelpard1

Re: Logitech Webcam C270 not detected properly?

Hello mr11brick and labdan,

Please ensure the webcams are plugged directly in to the computer and not in to a USB hub or KVM switch.  Test the webcams on a different computer if possible.  If the problem persists I would recommend contacting Customer Care in your region for further assistance and a possible warranty replacement.

I hope this helps you out.

Sincerely,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.