08-09-2011 09:42 PM
Hi. Today I bought a webcam and I can't get the software installed. I tried downloading it on the website, and using the CD. Each time I do this it just comes up blank and I can't exit out of it unless I use Task manager. somebody in another forum said to make an admin account on control panel and then run the software, I did and then, it still did not work. I have a 64 bit computer, winodows 7 home premium, thanks!
08-11-2011 04:15 PM
Please try installing the Logitech Webcam software in clean boot mode.
If this also fails please provide the M/N and P/N of the camera located on a tag near the USB plug.
08-12-2011 10:00 AM - edited 08-15-2011 09:17 AM
Something on the the system is interfering with the installation . The following steps are known as a silent install:
1) Download and save (do not run) LWS227_FULL.EXE onto your desktop
2) Once downloaded, hold the Windows key down, tap the R key to show the Run box
3) Type in CMD, then press OK
4) This will open up a DOS-style command prompt box. Click in the black DOS box window
5) Type in CD DESKTOP and press Enter; this will move the current command prompt location to the desktop
6) Type in LWS227_FULL.EXE followed by a space, then /A, then a space, then /S, like this:
lws227_full.exe[space]/A[space]/S, then press Enter
7) This will run the installer in silent mode, but there will be no on-screen interface; you can only tell that it's completed when none of the following processes appear in task manager:
8) Once all of those processes have ended, the software should be installed. Verify that a shortcut to the camera software is on the desktop
08-15-2011 09:23 AM
Thank you for the update.
04-25-2012 11:00 AM
I am having the same problem as the original poster, and I'm probably just being dim here...but where can I download/acquire the LWS227_FULL.EXE file?
04-25-2012 11:14 AM
Go to www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads/downloads