Logi Browser
kyannal0ve

Logitech Webcam Installer Software not working..?

Hi. Today I bought a webcam and I can't get the software installed. I tried downloading it on the website, and using the CD. Each time I do this it just comes up blank and I can't exit out of it unless I use Task manager. somebody in another forum said to make an admin account on control panel and then run the software, I did and then, it still did not work. I have a 64 bit  computer, winodows 7 home premium, thanks!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
Cintech

Re: Logitech Webcam Installer Software not working..?

Hello kyannal0va,

Please try installing the Logitech Webcam software in clean boot mode.

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/228/~/booting-clean-in-windows-7,-vista,...

If this also fails please provide the M/N and P/N of the camera located on a tag near the USB plug.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
kyannal0ve

That also failed, it is still showing blank. The M/N is: V-U0018. The P/N is: 860-000270 Thank you please help

Cintech

[ Edited ]

Hello kyannaOve,

Something on the the system is interfering with the installation . The following steps are known as a silent install:

1) Download and save (do not run) LWS227_FULL.EXE onto your desktop
2) Once downloaded, hold the Windows key down, tap the R key to show the Run box
3) Type in CMD, then press OK
4) This will open up a DOS-style command prompt box. Click in the black DOS box window
5) Type in CD DESKTOP and press Enter; this will move the current command prompt location to the desktop
6) Type in LWS227_FULL.EXE followed by a space, then /A, then a space, then /S, like this:
    lws227_full.exe[space]/A[space]/S, then press Enter
7) This will run the installer in silent mode, but there will be no on-screen interface; you can only tell that it's completed when none of the following processes appear in task manager:
LWS227_FULL.EXE
MSETUP.EXE
MSIEXEC.EXE
LDPINST.EXE
SETUP.EXE
8) Once all of those processes have ended, the software should be installed. Verify that a shortcut to the camera software is on the desktop

Best Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
kyannal0ve

Where can I download that at?

Logi Browser
kyannal0ve

Thank you, never mind my last comment. It's installed now!

Cintech

Hello kyannal0ve,

Thank you for the update.

Best Regards,

Logi Nu
Talythia

I am having the same problem as the original poster, and I'm probably just being dim here...but where can I download/acquire the LWS227_FULL.EXE file?

Cintech

Hello Talythia,

Go to www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads/downloads/webcams select your camera. Click downloads and choose your operating system. Select the Full Installer from the select file button.

Best Rewards,

Logi Nu
Talythia

My brand new webcam is a Webcam Pro 9000 for Windows, and I'm afraid that only the Mac version of the software seems to come up as an option.