07-19-2010 10:54 AM - edited 07-19-2010 11:02 AM
The newest July 2010 Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 software update causes the Firefox browser to:
1. Cease operating (i.e., clicking on the Firefox icon or directy on the Firefox.exe file will not launch the Firefox browser)
2. Be impossible to uninstall via the proper "add and remove" programs option in Microsoft Windows.
The specific computer details associated with this observation entail Microsoft Windows XP Pro with service pack 3 (SP3) running on a fast quad-core Intel processor using 4 GB of RAM.
*** Initial Conclusion - If you use Firefox do not use Logitech's latest Webcam Pro 9000 software until Logitech fixes this problem. At this time, the problem appears to be a Logiech software problem rather than a Firefox problem.
07-22-2010 01:00 PM
Please contact Logitech Support directly for assistance with this issue.
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.
New to Webcams? START HERE!
Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 220.127.116.118 / 18.104.22.1680 / 22.214.171.1249 / 126.96.36.1995 / 188.8.131.523 - Issues and Solutions
Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues? "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS