Logi Nu
crossmoid

LvUSBSta.sys

I am not in the habit of posting negativity on any forum (in fact this is the first time I have done this) but after an infurating two days trying to find the cause of non working usb midi devices, I have to make my feelings known.

the damned driver listed above IS the cause of this problem, and I feel Logitech should accept responsibilty for this and at least provide a fix that doesnt involve going through the registry with an axe.

This problem is also compounded by the fact that my particular Logitech webcam is built in to my laptop (its a dell) and I see a general washing of hands here when it comes to that.

I have looked at the threads (and there are a lot of them!) about this problem but I dont actually see anyone from Logitech providing a definitive, easy to follow answer to a known problem! The least that could be done is to provide a sticky about this.

Why the hell should I have to make a choice between using my USB midi devices and my webcam??????????

Please please please will someone restore my faith in human nature and provide me with a workable solution to this (and dont tell me there are too many hardware configs to provide one- the damned (one!) driver has screwed up enough systems as it is)

yours frustratedly 

Crossmoid

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Re: LvUSBSta.sys

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum crossmoid! :smileyhappy:

crossmoid sez -

The least that could be done is to provide a sticky about this.

Per your suggestion, I have added this issue to the following thread:

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 250

crossmoid wrote: This problem is also compounded by the fact that my particular Logitech webcam is built in to my laptop (its a dell) and I see a general washing of hands here when it comes to that.

"Bought in" stuff, hardware and software, is a common cause of grief. Both parties to the transition just love passing the buck.

Scanner makers, for example, often bundle software from people like Nuance, who then tell users to talk to the hardware maker. Sometimes, the final vendor really does a reasonable job of supporting thing. Visioneer, for example, isn't bad on that front.

While you have every reason to moan about Logitech, you should also pursue this issue at the Dell end. They are the people who created this combination. They will know more about the entrails of your PC than Logitech can hope to guess. So Dell should be more up on clashes between bits of kit that it cobbled together.

The other reason for chasing Dell is that they can shout louder at Logitech. If there are enough people like you with complaints, maybe Dell will go somewhere else when it next wants to pay a few cents for a webcam.

That bit, the few cents, I'm afraid, partly explains why Logitech doesn't leap into action. Dell screws it to the floor on price, removing any incentive to deliver decent support.

Is there a Dell support forum like this where you can pose your problem? You might have more luck there.

By the way, a Google search on  "LvUSBSta.sys dell laptop" throws up various links. You are not alone. Maybe someone out there has a magic wand.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Related thread:

Request for app or script that will remove LVUSBSTA.DLL

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS