Logi Nu
Makota

My Logitech isn't recognized.

[ Edited ]
Hello everyone, I have a Logitech QuickCam Problem, my specs are as follows:

M/N: V-UM14
P/N: 861092-0020

I have installed the 8.4.7.1034 Software. I assume that Software package includes the drivers. When the 8.4.7.1034 Software is done installing, it asks me to restart my machine, so I do. When my machine restarts, the Logitech Camera Wizard tells me to insert my Camera in to the USB port.  My Camera is in my USB port, but the Camera Wizard will not recognize it. At the same time as the Camera Wizard, Windows XP tells me that it found new hardware, and it searches for drivers. Windows XP can't find the drivers for the new found "Camera" and it tells me it will nor work properly. In the mean time, the Logitech Camera Wizard still doesn't detect my webcam.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled this driver and software for abour 4 hours now. I have tried every trick in the book that I know, and this webcam still isn't being detected my Logitech Camera Wizard, nor is Windows XP finding any drivers for it when it detects the cam as "New found Hardware"

Can someone please help?

Message Edited by Makota on 06-27-2008 03:16 AM

Message Edited by Makota on 06-27-2008 03:16 AM
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,254
Solutions: 498

Re: My Logitech isn't recognized.

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum Makota! :smileyhappy:

Please read my personal welcome thread (ALL POSTERS -- How to get the most from KachiWachi and this forum) as we progress. Thank you.

Makota sez -

Windows XP can't find the drivers for the new found "Camera" and it tells me it will nor work properly.

Please post the EXACT error message that you receive.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
Makota

Logitech Camera Wizard is giving 0 error messages. It doesn't even detect that I connected a cam though USB when I was intructed to do so.

Windows is saying that it found new hardware "Camera" and it asks me to let the wizard install the software automatically. In the Logitech Readme it intructs me to close that, and let the Logitech Camera Wizard detect the camera, and do it's thing, but Logitech Camera Wizard doesn't detect my cam. When I DO tell Microsoft to install the software automatically, it comes up saying that it can not find the necessary hardware, and makes me quit. Then a bubble pops up in the tray saying an error has occured in installation of the new device, and it may not work properly. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled the software since about 12 PST, and it's now 4AM, with no progress what-so-ever.
KachiWachi

Makota sez -

In the Logitech Readme it intructs me to close that...

My copy of the QuickCam 8.4.8 Installer does not have the Readme file in if (don't ask me why). If you can post a copy of the file (as a downloadable link only), that would be great. Please do not post a copy of the file as text to the forum.

In any case, you should not be closing anything once you are asked to plug in the camera.

Please let the install process continue "normally".

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
Makota

[ Edited ]
I can't find the word document. It only asked me to open it after I a bit of troubleshooting. If I do the recommended automatic install from the Windows XP pop up, it won't find any drivers and it will not work.

I can even go in the drivers, and MANUALLY connect the Logitech drivers with the Camera, and it still doesn't work.

Message Edited by Makota on 06-27-2008 01:44 PM
Logi Nu
Makota

[ Edited ]
I got it to work! I had to manually locate the drivers, they were located at:

C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCamWebInstall\Drivers\WinAll\XPRS

After I told Windows to search for the drivers at that specific location, it installed sucessfully. The only problem now is that when I try to record a video, I get a problem with HVideoS COM. It closes my video recording and I can not record videos. Is can take pictures. steam on MSN, and pick up sound just fine, but it will not record videos. This file is included in the error report.

C:\DOCUME~1\Ryan\LOCALS~1\Temp\53b_appcompat.txt

Message Edited by Makota on 06-27-2008 02:07 PM
KachiWachi

Makota sez -

I got it to work! I had to manually locate the drivers, they were located at:

C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCamWebInstall\Drivers\WinAll\XPRS

P/N: 861092
M/N: V-UM14
USB\VID_046D&PID_08F0 ; Messenger (BuddyCam)
ImageStudio 7.3.0 and QuickCam 8.4.8

The proper path should be:

C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCamWebInstall\Drivers\WinNew\MSGR

Thanks.

* Thanks.