01-30-2011 04:59 PM - last edited on 01-30-2011 06:42 PM by nanci
I was wondering if I needed to install the Logitech software on my Windows 7 64-bit machine to get full 720p or 1080p quality on my video. My C910 works without the Logitech software. I know I do not have access to the Logitech software and video manipulation software. Other than the software are there any limitations to the C910 if I do not install the Logitech software?
01-31-2011 05:00 AM
Per FAQ #12712 -
- Cameras that are UVC capable (i.e., PRO5 models) can stream video without Logitech drivers. However, we recommend customers install the Logitech Drivers for an improved experience and expanded feature set. Improvements to the user experience include but are not limited to:
- Additional supported resolutions
- RightLight and Rightsound technologies
- Various Video Effects
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.
New to Webcams? START HERE!
Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 220.127.116.118 / 18.104.22.1680 / 22.214.171.1249 / 126.96.36.1995 / 188.8.131.523 - Issues and Solutions
Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues? "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS