Logi Browser
globus

New USB 3 Webcam B990 HD Performance comparison

Hello every1,

I've bought a C910 Webcam and it is a great value product I would recommend to everybody.

The only problem with this product is that, if you try to use it with other kind of software  (like surveillance H264Webcam) the frame rate is dramatically slow.

Will the new USB 3 Webcam B990 HD be able give much better performance with 3rd party software compared to C910, being it able tocompress video streaming (in hardware)?

Is there any ETA for the B990?

Thank you for your attention!

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

Re: New USB 3 Webcam B990 HD Performance comparison

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum globus! :smileyhappy:

http://blog.logitech.com/2010/10/06/bringing-hd-video-communication-to-virtual-desktops-and-thin-cli...

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums until the new SSO issues have been resolved.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
globus

Thanks for the link.

Cant wait to buy one :smileyvery-happy:

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

globus sez -

Thanks for the link.

NP.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums until the new SSO issues have been resolved.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
globus

Sorry to bother again,

Search on google the title of the topic, the first link bring to this thread :smileyvery-happy:

Do you have any Estimate time of Arrival for that product?

It is rumored to be Early 2011, Could you confirm?

Thanks!