Logi Nu
tuorhuorson

Problem with Logitech Webcam Software and Dual monitors

I am running WinXP SP3 with Logitech Webcam Software v2.1 build 13.10.1224 with a C910.

Running a dual monitor setup with a nVidia 9800GT, with the primary on the right and the secondary on the left.

My issue is that every time I start the software it appears in the center on the extreme right of my secondary monitor rather than on the primary, regardless of the nVidia nView settings.  I do not have this problem with any other program.  If I move the program window anywhere else, whenever any setting is changed in the software (adding/removing the webcam controls, changing the resolution) the program snaps back to that same extreme left position.

Strangely enough, if I switch my monitor setup so that Windows thinks that my primary is on the left and the secondary on the right (I did not actually switch which monitor was primary and which was secondary) it opens on the primary just fine. 

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,293
Solutions: 505

Re: Problem with Logitech Webcam Software and Dual monitors

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum tuorhuorson! :smileyhappy:

Please contact Logitech Support directly for assistance with this issue.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS