Logi Nu
BaasBees

Questions regarding Logitech C910 requirements

I am a happy owner of the Logitech C910 webcam. I want to use it only to record video's and therefore dont have the Logitech VID HD software installed.

In the future, I am considering buying more Logitech C910 webcams, along with a pc that meets the specific needs of the webcam. In order to do so, i have the following questions:

1) Are the FPS-possibilities with the webcam related to the graphics card used on the pc? What is the influence of a graphics card on the webcam performance / storage?

2) Will a faster harddisk have any influence on the possibilities of the webcam?

3) What are the minimum requirements of the webcam (cpu-wise) to record properly in let's say 960 x 540 resolution?

4) As we are only going to use the pc for webcam-use, does it need a seperate graphics card?

Thanks in advance for the tips / response!

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

Re: Questions regarding Logitech C910 requirements

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum BaasBees! :smileyhappy:

Logitech Webcam Software (LWS) v2.x Release Notes (FAQ #17022)

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
BaasBees

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have just read the page and based on that, are the following statements true?

1) A graphics card will in no way have any influence on the FPS-possibilities of the webcam / the maximum performance of the webcam? In other words, when I want to build a pc "around the webcam", i dont need a separate graphics card?

2) An SSD harddisk will in no way have any influence on the FPS-possibilities of the webcam / the maximum performance of the webcam? In other words, when I want to build a pc "around the webcam", a regular hard disk (e.g. Samsung SpinPoint) will perform exactly the same?

There was no information on the page you sent me about the influence of a graphics card or a specific hard disk type, which is why I want to be sure about it, before investing lots of money into useless pc-items.

One final question, are there any hotkeys in the Logitech Quickcam Software to 'start' and 'stop' recording?

Thanks for the response!

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

1) http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Webcams/Minimum-system-requirements-of-a-HD-video-camera-including-the...

2) http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Webcams/Computer-specs-for-Logitech-C910-Webcam/td-p/532278

3) In order to perform this task, third-party software will be required.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS