08-19-2009 10:11 PM - last edited on 08-20-2009 04:36 PM by JSMO
I am a grad student, and I'm using the QuickCam Communicate Deluxe (S 7500) as part of my master's thesis project. I'm looking for some specifications about the sensor, and was referred here by Customer Support. I previously got some information, but it wasn't quite what I needed.
Specifically, I'm looking for information on the size of the sensor, and the distance from the sensor to the camera lens.
Earlier, I got the following information:
The points I would like clarification on are:
- Does the webcam have a CCD or CMOS type sensor?
- What are the physical dimensions of the CCD or CMOS sensor itself? Is the 1/4 inch "pixel size" above related to this?
- What is the distance from the camera lens to the sensor surface? Is that the same as the focal length, or is that different? Or is it variable, depending on the focus of the camera (this one has a manual focus)?
Any information in these areas (sensor size and the distance from the sensor to the lens) would help me greatly in my project.
I realize this isn't exactly common knowledge, so if I can get contact information for the people who actually manufacture the sensor board, assuming that's not Logitech, that would help as well. For reference, here's the info on my camera:
QuickCam Communicate Deluxe (S 7500)
PID or S/N: LZ8333BP
P/N : 860-000107
Operating System: Windows XP
I appreciate any information in these areas. Thanks in advance!
[Mod Note: Removed ToS Violation- mention propriatary information]
08-20-2009 02:44 AM
Since you are looking for "Developer" related information, please visit the QuickCam® Team website. If you sign up, please put a link in your new post that references your initial posting here (and vice versa).
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.
New to Webcams? START HERE!
Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 22.214.171.1248 / 126.96.36.1990 / 188.8.131.529 / 184.108.40.2065 / 220.127.116.113 - Issues and Solutions
Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues? "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS