Logi Nu
RobertLee

QuickCam Pro 9000 - after install TV tuner & video doesn't work (XP Pro SP2)

[ Edited ]
I too have the same issue, reading through the 3 pages, its identical to my, except that my is XP Pro SP2 Corp Edition, I install this 9000 almost 6 months ago, same problem, after days looking for solution I gave up, then when I noticed that my TV tuner no longer works, I had to search high and low and eventually found that when Logitech software were removed, it changed one of the registry settings preventing any video to work, this is very sad for a piece of software from a large company.
Anyway, this morning I reinstalled XP and thought may be a good idea to try the 9000 again as the latest web software were dated Aug2008, installation went ok, not even a restart needed, used it for 20 mins, set it on 8Mp, took some pictures, then when i try to use teh video, it wont do it, but I recall it only does Video in HD mode, click the Hi-Res HD option and the software froze, only way out is restart, after that, all down hill, just the same as 6 months agao and as this other poster is having problem with.

Message Edited by Pegasus on 08-22-2008 01:38 PM

Message Edited by Pegasus on 08-22-2008 01:57 PM
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,293
Solutions: 505

Re: QuickCam Pro 9000 - after install TV tuner & video doesn't work (XP Pro SP2)

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum RobertLee! :smileyhappy:

What CPU (GHz) is installed?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
RobertLee

Re: QuickCam Pro 9000 - after install TV tuner & video doesn't work (XP Pro SP2)

Hi Kachi
Sorry for delay, after you moved the post, the link you sent doesnt work, had to find it manually.

My current setup as follow :
Asus P5N-E SLI
Xeon dual 3.2GHz
4GB Dual-Channel DDR2
1TB Master and 3TB RAID5
GeForce 7300GT

This is how it all went, I installed XP Pro Corp Edition (Genuine) SP2 , all drivers, nothing unusual of my software used. I then downloaded the latest software from Logitech, installed, all went well, fire up the Logitech software, woohoo, all works
I then proceed to testing taking pictures, taking videos, all ok, then I start to change the resolutions, from HD to 1280 (I think), then it wont take videos, I remembered then that it can only do video in the other mode, so off I click, this caused the software to freeze, cant even CTRL-ALT-DEL to shutdown in task manager. no big deal I thought, restart the PC, then XP prompt me to unknown device, no matter what I do, cant get the cam to work again.

I have tried removing software/drivers, restart, reinstall, unknown device
I have tried removing all USB controllers/hubs, removed logitech,restart, reinstall logitech, same error
I then removed software, cleaned the registry, reinstall, same error
It is like its looking for the drivers but where on earth are they ? Logitech software are all-in-one, I cant even extract them manually.

This reminded me 6 months ago when I first got the cam, after a few days usage, the unknow device came up, after days I gave up, worst still it took my camcorder down, as after teh removal of software, the camcorder no longer works, a post lead me to the solution of my camcorder :

The solution:
1) Reboot into safe mode (press F8 at startup), navigate to C:\windows\system32\drivers, and rename the file lvmvdrv.sys to lvmvdrv.sys.backup

2) Open the registry editor (Start > Run > regedit > OK) and in the left pane navigate down to
My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS
et\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

3) Right click that key (the folder icon you just navigated to) and select Export. Save this to your desktop for now. If for some reason things don't work out after all is said and done, you can double click this file and undo the rename from step 1, reboot, and you'll be back where you started.

4) With the key you just exported being selected in the left pane, on the right you should see a Multi String Value named LowerFilters, with lvmvdrv as it's data. Right click this MSV and delete it.

But it never solved my 9000 unknown device issue, I gave up and the 9000 sat on until last week.
BTW, the original problem were on a different machine, AMD x2 5600 3GB DDR2 500GB HDD, so it cant really be a hardware fault as last PC were AMD and the new one is Intel. There must be something wrong with the logitech installer/software/drivers.

Or could Logitech supply some kind of utility to remove all traces of Logitech software (like Norton removal tool when their uninstaller cant do the job properly).

I am stuck..... !!!! Please please help... Thank you

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,293
Solutions: 505

Are any other USB devices installed/attached?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS