Logi Browser
mork

Quickcam Communicate p/n 861194-0000 & WINDOWS 7600 RTM 64bit

Hi, 

My webcam:

p/n 861194-0000

USB\VID_046D&PID_08AD&REV_0100&MI_00

M/N: V-UAM14A

I've my camera installed properly, as claimed by windows, and mic is working properly, but in Skype (or any other messanging software, or video recording software .such as virtualdub) just the audio is working.

So NO VIDEO at all with my webcam, just mic is working.

I can't install the Quickcam software because incompatibility issues stops me (also if i run it in vista compatibility mode with administrator privileges...): tried with many versions of the software, from the 11.10 till the latest...

I've tried yet the procedure: removing the driver, let windows find one itself, no luck.

Currently device manager shows for the driver: 11.0.0.1213 09/05/2007

That's strange, since in Windows 7 7100 RC everything was fine, i had these troubles after the update.

Everything else is working fine, just the webcam is giving me troubles.

I've found other STX situations onto the forum, but the problem seems not to be solved or maybe i'm missing something?!

What version of the software can i install? Does anybody have solved the issue?How can i have my camera fully working in windows7?

Or, in alternative, what Logitech (or other) webcam should i buy to see it working at the best under Windows 7 64bit?

thank you very much for any help

KachiWachi
Topics: 246
Kudos: 1,191
Solutions: 485

Re: Quickcam Communicate p/n 861194-0000 & WINDOWS 7600 RTM 64bit

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum mork! :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, this camera will not be supported on Windows 7 x64. :smileysad:

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
mork

thank you for the answer.

I've ended up buying an other Logitech camera: quickcam S7500

But i'm experiencing a lot of troubles trying to install it.

I'm trying two ways to install it:

Method 1

with quickcam software, with the camera unplugged, then plugged when the software asks for it (which recognize the cam and the mic and install the drivers) , then letting windows update the driver itself.

With this method i have the latest version of quickcam software installed AND the camera recognized as s7500 in device manager.

Apparently no troubles (as for the STX), but when i open any third party application which uses the cam, the video is not working.

Same happens with quickcam software (it says that some other application is using the cam-which is not true- and don't start the video) 

Method 2

Also, if i deinstall the quickcam software AND device drivers...then i unplug/plug again the cam (after a safe reboot, of course) letting windows 7 do all the work, well, it is now showing as quickcam communicate stx (and not S7500 like previous  quickcam+windows update install method)

What the hell is happening? 

How can i completely remove the STX information in the system to proceed with a clean install?

I've deinstalled the STX -with the delete drivers option- yet- and all the quickcam software before starting with method 2. (i've also showed up all the hidden devices in device manager and cleaned up the registry, plus deleted all the logitech dir in the system)

I've read through the forum that i can simply plug the camera in to have it full working, even without utilities (which i don't care at all)

Please, i need some help here....i've bought  an other camera yet to solve the issue but i'm still stuck here

thank you in advance for any help!

KachiWachi

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/447/6124&cl=us,en

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
mork

Hi Kachiwachi,

yes i knew that page....but unfortunately doing exactly those suggested steps is not working for me.

As i wrote in my last post this is occurring to me:

1) I uninstall everything logitech-related (old quickcam software, logitech webcam unit AND drivers, registry keys, logitech dirs etc)

to have a clean start.

2) i unplug the webcam, then i reboot

3) i install Quickcam latest software (lws100_x64). During installation it asks to plug in the camera. I do that, it recognize correctly the S7500, with its mic. The installation completes without issues. I check in device manager, the S7500 is there, with its microphone BUT

Quickcam software is not working with the realtime preview of the cam, neither skype or other messanging/recording software.

The camera is there but not working, just the microphone do.

4) i try to update the drivers from the device manager, with the windows online update system...it start downloading a new driver, install it but nothing changes.

the other way:

1) I uninstall everything logitech-related (old quickcam software, logitech webcam unit AND drivers, registry keys, logitech dirs etc)

to have a clean start.

2) i shut down windows, i plug in the camera, i boot windows

3) windows find the device, i let windows download its driver for the camera, it installs....BUT now i can see Quickcam Communicate STX instead of Quickcam s7500 into the device manager!!

And nothing works, just like the other method.

Why does windows remember the STX?? i've uninstalled everything and it still takes that driver...

My webcam and conf is 

Windows 7 X64 ULTIMATE build 7600

Quickcam S7500

M/N:V_UBE43

P/N:860-000107

Please help!!! 

thank you

KachiWachi

What is the make/model of your PC?

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
mork

My pc is a custom assembly:

Intel Core i7 920

12 Gb RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700 512mb (with the NVIDIA GTX 285 1Gb same behaviour) 

I've tried to install the webcam on a winxp 32 rig (to see if it was a faulty hardware) ..it works...but with some problems

Does LWS 1.0 works well with this camera? i have all my settings grayed out there, i can't set anything except exposition and not in LWS, but in webcam settings on skype (which recognizes the camera sometimes, not ever and that is a DELL notebook with win32, a very standard situation) 

Anyway, i need the webcam in Win7, that is my main system.

I think that logitech software messed up something in USB VID driver of whatever....is there a way to reset it and to substitute it with the windows original one?

I cannot format an operating system for the webcam!!!

regards

Logi Nu
Aussie68

[ Edited ]

Poor Mork,

I feel for you.  Don't uninstall everything, and then install it back.  Don't update any drivers. I'm sure they are up to date. Do it simply: just  uninstall the Logitech software without cleaning your System out of any trace of this software. Then install it back using the CD, which was packed with your QuickCam when you purchased it. Then look on Google for Codec Packs. Find a program called K-Lite Codec Pack and install it. It doesn't have to be the latest version. The older one is free. If with K-Lite does not work out, then uninstall it, and install XP Codec Pack. Keep in mind: K-Lite is the best, but might be not comfortable with some other programs(for instance, Phantom EFX games). If this will not help, then axe your computer. JUST KIDDING. Don't worry, be happy.

Sincerely

Aussie   

Logi Browser
mork

[ Edited ]

Hi Aussie, 

_

thank you for your help :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately it's not a codec's issue...i've tried

But the problem on winxp has solved by itself...Xp found an update (it has been a lot without downloading them...it's a win xp 32 bit sp3 system on a notebook) and after that with a reboot everything in xp works fine now.

Ok, my conclusion at the moment is that Logitech webcams that i've tried won't work in Windows 7 latest build 7600 (they just work with older release, such as 7100, both the "supported" and the unsupported one -in my case the S7500 and the old Quickcam STX) ...simply we have to wait for Windows 7 drivers, such as all the other periferals have yet since many months ago

In the meanwhile i will use just the mic in Windows 7...and when i will be in need of a videoconference i will use the mighty 2004's winXP notebook :smileyhappy:

bye and thank you all

KachiWachi

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1398...

Thanks.

* Thanks.