Logi Nu
sandries

Quickcam Fusion not working with Windows 7 : "incompatible webcam detected"

Hi,

I have a Logitech Quickcam Fusion V-UAR33 and am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit but can't get it to work !

The driver from the camera selector http://www.logitech.com/en-us/435/278?section=downloads&bit=&osid=14 doesn't work.

While installing, it prompts me to insert the camera in a USB port, but upon doing so the webcam is not detected. I get a "incompatible webcam detected" error message instead.

I also tried the QuickCam 11.00 and QC11.8 drivers as suggested in other treads, but nothing works.

FYI: I restarted the PC, tried uninstalling all of the drivers, changed USB ports, etc...
Note that the camera works just fine on the same machine (dual boot) under Vista)

Can anyone please post a clear step by step explanation on how to get the camera working under Win 7 ?

I noticed many more people with the same problem via Google, but no solution though :-(

Thanks!

Stef

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,293
Solutions: 505

Re: Quickcam Fusion not working with Windows 7 : "incompatible webcam detected"

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum sandries! :smileyhappy:

What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably... the USB\VID ID?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
JNicolai

I too am having the same issue with Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit.

My camera specs are:

M/N: V-UAR33

P/N: 861196-000

PID:  LN5448A

Any help to get this working on Windows 7 is greatly appreciated!

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum JNicolai! :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately, this camera P/N is not supported on Windows 7. :smileysad:

Thanks.

(Ref: FAQ #13985, FAQ #12712, and FAQ #3428)

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
sandries

Hi,

these are the details of my camera:

Listed as "Other Devices / Unknown device:"

hardware ids:

USB\VID_046D&PID_08C1&REV_0005&MI_00

USB\VID_046D&PID_08C1&MI_00
Device instance path:

USB\VID_046D&PID_08C1&MI_00\7&75F3F6D&0&0000

from the USB cable label:

M/N: V-Ur33

P/N: 861196-0008

PID: LN53682

KachiWachi

Unfortunately, this camera P/N is not supported on Windows 7. :smileysad:

Thanks.

(Ref: FAQ #13985, FAQ #12712, and FAQ #3428)

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
sandries

Are there plans to support it in the future or do I need to sell my camera and buy new one ?

Do I get a discount ? Since it is not my fault they are not supported ??

KachiWachi

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=quickcam_software&message.id=71090&#M7109...

Thanks.

(Ref: Important Notes)

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
qcamfusi0nuser

This camera is supported in windows7 32/64bit.

Install the driver must be manually from device manager, specifying the directory with the drivers.
KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum qcamfusi0nuser! :smileyhappy:

What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably... the USB\VID ID?

Thanks.

* Thanks.