Logi Browser
brianyut

Quickcam Orbit AF Software Install Issue (VISTA X64)

[ Edited ]

Hello:

I downloaded the software for the Quickcam Orbit AF from http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/435/3480&cl=us,en?osid=13

My operating system is Vista X64 and the software version is 11.5 (according to that website). I follow the onscreen instructions (unplug camera, turn off virus software, etc). It installs the software. Following this, it asks me to plug the camera back in.

Once I plug the camera in, vista recognizes it and the UAC asks me if it should continue installing drivers (should I click accept or decline?). Once I click accept, the logitech software declares that it found the camera and that it's loading the image.

At this step (loading the video image in the install preview-box) it ALWAYS locks up. Windows says that it has stopped working and that it must shut the program down. If I try and open the quickcam software that installed, it also locks up.

Any suggestions? This is quite frustrating.

Message Edited by Pegasus on 10-20-2008 01:48 PM
Logi Browser
brianyut

Re: Quickcam Orbit AF Software Install Issue (VISTA X64)

Oh, I should have also mentioned that the camera will still operate on skype, but none of the features (face tracking, adjusting color, etc) are available to me since I can't get into the quickcam software.

Thanks for any help!

KachiWachi
Topics: 246
Kudos: 1,190
Solutions: 485

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum brianyut! :smileyhappy:

Please re-install QuickCam "clean".

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
brianyut

I just followed those instructions exactly, and I'm still having the same issue. Locks up when it goes to load the camera image during setup.

What should I do??

KachiWachi

Is Service Pack 1 installed?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
brianyut

Do you mean Vista Service Pack 1? If so, the answer is yes. Vista is completely updated, I performed a clean boot, my antivirus was not on, my spyware blocker was not on, and I followed all installation directions.

It's still locking up during the video-loading portion of the installation (right after is sucessfully installs drivers and finds the camera). Literally as soon as the installation switches to the video preview pane, it locks up (before any video is displayed). Then, if I try and open the logitech software, it locks up as well.

Any ideas? Thanks!

KachiWachi

Does the same issue occur when the camera is installed in UVC Mode?

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
brianyut

Yes, it works in UVC mode.

However (and this is a big however), none of the features work. For instance, I can use it on skype to talk to family, but the face tracking functionality does not work (because I can't get into the logitech software to configure it), i can't update colors, etc.

The entire reason I bought this camera was for those specific functionalities. So while UVC mode allows me to use the most basic feature (straight video), it will not allow me to use the built in functions which are the reason why I purchased it.

Is there a previous version of the software that doesn't have these issues for Vista x64?? Have you ever seen this issue before? I find it strange that this would be so unique, because my computer is basically brand new and there isn't a huge amount of clutter or other software on it that should cause issues (even if there was the clean boot would alleviate this). Is there third party software that will allow me to have access to the camera functions? 

KachiWachi

brianyut sez -

Yes, it works in UVC mode.

OK.

Since the camera is functioning as expected in UVC Mode, please install the Logitech supplied hardware drivers using the QuickCam "Custom Install" feature. Do not install the QuickCam software application at this time.

Please report back in with your progress and updated status once you have completed this task.

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
brianyut

Ok, thanks. I will do that when I get back home in a couple hours and report back to you immediately.

Thanks again for your help. How long will you/someone be available to answer questions tonight? How long until you leave?