Logi Nu
petej

Quickcam Pro 3000 on windows 7 (32bit)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I haven't been able to get my Quickcam Pro 3000 to work with windows 7. Can someone point me to where I can get drivers for it as I don't see a windows 7 option under the support page? If there aren't any drivers currently available is there a workaround to get previous drivers or drivers for a different cam to work with the pro 3000? Thanks!

Update:

I found some instructions online which worked for me. Basically I downloaded the 10.5 drivers and made a copy of "\Drivers\x32\PRO". Then I replaced  "08B2" with "08B0" and "Pro 4000" with "Pro 3000" in lvcoinst.ini, lvPROc.inf, lvPROs.inf and lvPROv.inf. After that I just pointed windows at that directory and it installed it and the video is now working. Will update with comments regarding stability later on.

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 505

Re: Quickcam Pro 3000 on windows 7 (32bit)

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum petej! :smileyhappy:

Unfortunately, this camera is not supported on Windows 7. :smileysad:

Thanks.

(Ref: FAQ #13985)

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
petej

KachiWachi,

Thanks for your response. I read your post "Why your (older) Logitech camera *may* not be supported in Vista" and it implies that I may still be able to install the non-signed driver in a way at my own risk. Can you direct me to any information on that? Thanks.

Here are some more details:

M/N: V-UJ6

P/N: 861081-0000

S/N: LZA14805249

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
LowFrequency

Keep this in mind. You may follow the above instructions at your own risk, however Logitech Technical Support will more than likely not be able to help you in the event your system becomes unstable.

Logitech Forum Terms of Use
Logitech Community Tips and Tricks
The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of Logitech and are of a personal nature.
Logi Nu
bandit100668

IT is all very good Loitech saying if you try a work around it may casue issues, thats really helpful NOT!!! how about sorting us all out with win7 drivers that would help!

Logi Nu
spocek

You can find the working drivers here:

http://tinyurl.com/yc2grme

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
LowFrequency

spocek wrote:

You can find the working drivers here:

http://tinyurl.com/yc2grme

Just want to overstate the issue. Keep this in mind. You may use these drivers at your own risk, however Logitech Technical Support will more than likely not be able to help you in the event your system becomes unstable. They are drivers not supported for the issue at hand.

Logitech Forum Terms of Use
Logitech Community Tips and Tricks
The views expressed in this message are in no way the official views of Logitech and are of a personal nature.
Logi Nu
manueltruco

necesito los driver de esta camara pro 3000 logitech

Logi Nu
shri

I had the same problem. After installation win7 i found, that my Pro 3000 not supported with win7.

I used it from 90 for messager, skype etc. and consider that it's not worse then new one.

So what i had to do.

1. i insatall qc1110 for  Pro 5000 (for vista os) from logitech site, Camara not connected, after installation.

2. i download qc848enu from logitech site, and unpack it with winrar in \qc848enu dir.

3. in cointrrol panel  -> hardware and sound -> devices and printers -> usb composite device (with !) choose property -> hardware -> property (again) -> change setting -> driver _> update driver and brows on directory  \qc848enu\drivers\

4. after updating i get my working pro 3000 without restart.

i am not shure that qc1110 installation is really nessasary, but i wouldn't like to exmerimet with it.

Logi Nu
Jozef

Unfortunately, Windows 7 now blocks installation of those drivers. I did get my Pro 3000 to work though. I downloaded the zip file through above url http://tinyurl.com/yc2grme (thanks a lot Spocekl!) and unzipped it. Then I went to Device Manager, right-clicked on the USB device with the exclamation mark (which is our camera) and selected "Update Driver Software" and pointed Windows to the directory I unzipped the files in. Camera started working right away!

Jozef