04-12-2012 05:21 PM
Out of a computer parts box I dug a Quickcam Pro USB and attached it to an up-to-date [so to speak] XP SP3 tower that I use as a home file and web server. No appropriate driver was found and so the unit installed unsuccessfully. Driver Detective and other such programs helped not a bit.
The Logitech support website alternately recommends:
1. QuickCam 4.1 (vc415_s.exe via http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/de
- or -
2. QuickCam v6.0.1 (qc601enu.exe via their detection mechanism on page http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads/do
I didn't try #1 above because it is supposedly for Win 98 and ME only. And #2 did not work, as its install hangs/fails during software registry on a missing 'iplib.dll' in the waterfall -- and there seems to be no place to go get that library. If my experience is any guide, the install must be killed from task manager before a shutdown can occur.
On I went, trying software from the latest down to the already-failed v6.0.1. Not one of them worked, in that nothing installed correctly AND detected the camera. Each version was removed before the next install [of the prior version actually].
Acting on a hunch, I tried Image Studio 7.3 (is730enu.exe) -- software earlier than any of the above -- and voila! it worked great the first time with no twiddling required.
So if YOU have an old webcam, you might try equally-as-old software -- even earlier than what Logitech recommends -- to get it working.
04-13-2012 05:00 AM
What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably, its USB\VID ID?
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.
New to Webcams? START HERE!
Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 220.127.116.118 / 18.104.22.1680 / 22.214.171.1249 / 126.96.36.1995 / 188.8.131.523 - Issues and Solutions
Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues? "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS