Logi Nu
Idorth

Sphere webcam controls greyed out

I have recently put a Sphere webcam, which is a few years old, back into service. I do not have the original packaging or paperwork to idenfy the model, which may now be out of production, but it looks pretty much identical with the image of the QuickCam Sphere AF on the Logitech products page (with an optional stand post). My problem is that in the Settings panel of the software I downloaded for the device, the camera controls - Pan and Tilt, Zoom etc - are greyed out and unresponsive. I recall from using the camera a couple of years ago that the controls (including subject following) worked perfectly well. Apart from that, the device seems to be in good working order. Do I need to install a different driver? And if so, any suggestions which? Many thanks
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 505

Re: Sphere webcam controls greyed out

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum Idorth! :smileyhappy:

1) What is the 8xxxxx (or 860-xxxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably... the USB\VID ID?

2) Which version of the Logitech supplied QuickCam software application/drivers is installed (FAQ #5105)?

3) What Operating System (OS) and Service Pack (SP) version is installed?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
Idorth

M/N V-UU22A, P/N 861116-0050, S/N LZA51450437 Software: Version 12.10.1113.0000 O/S: Windows XP Pro v2002 SP3 Does this help? Thanks KW
KachiWachi

P/N: 861116
M/N: V-UU22A
USB\VID_046D&PID_08B5 ; PTZ (Original Orbit)
QuickCam 8.4.8, and QuickCam 10.5.1.2029

You are using the wrong software for this camera.

Thanks.

(Ref: FAQ #3428)

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
BlairNimmo

I have a Logitech QuickCam Orbit/Sphere AF:

M/M: V-UCC22

P/N: 860-000110

PID: LZ845BA

Logitech Webcam Software /Version: 12.10.1113.0

and my pan and tilt controls are greyed out. Below you suggested this may be caused by using the wrong version of software. The software I'm using came from using the Logitech Updater. Could I have the wrong version installed?

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum BlairNimmo! :smileyhappy:

Please post this question to a New Message.

Reason: Different camera.

Thanks.

(Ref: Help -> Posting Messages -> How do I post a message?)

* Thanks.