Logi Browser
keith3421
Accepted Solution

Stream Live Video (QuickCam Pro 9000)

I am attempting to stream live video.  I am trying to access the stream from another computer within my network. 

I think I have everything working correctly. 

I used the URL that was given to my camera via LAN URL.  When I enter that URL, I get a "...cannot display the webpage".

Any ideas?

Windows XP SP2.

Thanks

Keith

Logi Browser
keith3421

Re: Stream Live Video (QuickCam Pro 9000)

I forgot to add that encoding was performing at about 17%. 

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum keith3421! :smileyhappy:

Are you referring to the following tutorial?

Windows Media Encoder 9 & Your Logitech Webcam
How can I broadcast my camera without using an Instant Messenger program (NairB)

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
keith3421

Thanks...that helped me get past not being able to see the video from within my firewall....now I just have to figure out how to do some "port forwarding" on my router...(I have looked at every screen and I can't find any reference to port forwarding").  I will continue to google search port forwarding until I stumble across something that helps me figure out what I need to do.

Thaanks

Keith

KachiWachi

What is the make/model of your router?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
keith3421

[ Edited ]

Cradlepoint MBR1000.

I found a document at portforward.com for the MBR1000 but I don't know the terminology.

I am trying to logically understand the progression of how this works.... 

I understand that my router has an external IP address (along with an internal IP that I use to get to the admin interface)...currently my IP is 75.251.150.41 on this machine and also on a laptop.  I guess this is because both machines are going through the router to get to the web?  Am I correct so far?

Now...In order for someone to see the camera...that person must supply the ip of the router and then the port that the camera is using.  I can specify the port of the camera using Windows Media Encoder.  It provides me with an internal (LAN) ip which happends to be the internal IP of the actual PC the webcam is hooked up to in addition to a port that was searched for by the Media Encoder app.  Lets just say the IPs that are provided by Media Encoder on the "connections" tab contains:

Internet: 75.251.150.41:2953

LAN: 192.168.0.101:2953

I can get to the streaming video using the LAN ip including the port (albiet delayed about 8 seconds...this is a second issue to be worked on later)

This means that in order for a user to see the output from the webcam....I must configure the router to allow port 2953 to be accessible.  This is the place where I am stuck.  Do I need to configure the router to forward the port (2953) to the PC running the webcam 192.168.0.101, or 192.168.0.101:2953, or does the router already know that the port is associated with the internal IP 192.168.0.101?  Any comments?

It would make sense that I would need to allow external users to be able to get to a port on the PC running the webcam that is located behind my firewall.  Is this a separate step from port forwarding?  Is this 2 steps...Step 1: allowing users to get fowarded to an computer behind my firewall....and Step 2: unblock a port from within my router's configuration?

Now for my router's configuration interface...I can't find a reference to port forwarding. 

I realize this is a forum for getting WebCams to work....and i apologize if it is out of scope for these forums.

Thanks

Keith

Message Edited by Pegasus on 01-03-2009 06:09 PM
KachiWachi

keith3421 asks -

Do I need to configure the router to forward the port (2953) to the PC running the webcam 192.168.0.101, or 192.168.0.101:2953, or does the router already know that the port is associated with the internal IP 192.168.0.101?

Ref: Port Forwarding for the Cradlepoint MBR1000

For IP Address, you should enter the machine's local IP address (i.e., 192.161.0.101).

For TCP Ports to Open, you should enter number of the port that needs to be forwarded (i.e., 2953).

The router will perform the necessary Network Address Translation (NAT) as required.

Thanks.

* Thanks.