Logi Nu
wpdoneright

System Requirements for C910

Hi

I purchased a C 910 earlier this year and am quite pleased with it.  While I currently use it on my Linux machine as a webcam my other intended use is to add a few "talking head" sections to some tutorial videos.

I have been able to do this on an older HP Laptop running Windows Vista, however the machines older processor (AMD 64 Athlon X2) will only allow me to record 720p video - 1080p is too much for it to handle.

I want to replace the machine with one capable of getting the full performance from this camera, however I don't want to spend a fortune on a Windows machine that will otherwise be of limited use to me.

Was looking at a machine with a 2.2 GHz AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N970 processor. Was not sure if this was suitable, as your specs say "2.4 GHz Intel® Core™2 Duo" ?

Otherwise the next level up seems to be a 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5-2410M Processor , which I assume would be suitable?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this!

Logi Nu
wpdoneright

Re: System Requirements for C910

Just want to clarify in case it is confusing, the OS on the new machine will be Windows 7 Home Premium, not LINUX!

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Re: System Requirements for C910

[ Edited ]

Hi wpdoneright, 

A 2.2 GHz processor speed is perfectly suitable for the C910. The difference between the processor speeds is very minimal and would not be worth the extra money to 'upgrade' to 2.4 GHz.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.