Logi Rook
JonC

Tutorial: Recording 720p video @ 30 fps with HD Logitech C510 webcam

[ Edited ]

I struggled with finding a good solution for recording 720p video @ 30 fps on my older computer. I noticed there was a little information about this problem in the these forums and on the web as a whole.  I found a solution and made a blog post about it:

>>> Link to my post explaining how to record 720p @ 30 fps

I'm confident that this solution will work for all the C310, C525, C910, C625, etc models.

Logi Rook
JonC

Re: Tutorial: Recording 720p video @ 30 fps with HD Logitech C510 webcam

[ Edited ]

One more thing I'd like to add is that Windows Media Encoder doesn't appear to work with Windows 7.  So this solution only will work in Windows XP and Windows Vista.

I stand corrected.  Media Encoder 9 does install in and works without issue on my new Windows 7 64-bit SP1 box.  I'm not sure why it didn't work before.  But it does work at least for me.

Logi Rook
JonC

Another question I have is there a webcam video capturing utility that defers the video encoding until after the video is finished capturing like Windows Media Encoder does? This feature seem unique to WME.  Like I stated in my previous post, it's an invaluable feature for slower/older computers.

I've noticed that Microsoft's Expression Encoder 4 does not offer this feature.  Or at least I haven't found this setting yet.  And I'm not familiar with a lot of other Webcam video capturing applications.

Logi Browser
New_User

[ Edited ]

I've tried the tutorial and alternate settings. For me encode post record does nothing, sometimes it looks worse. I still cannot get smooth 720p. 640x360 yes. 720p will get odd jitters at times. sometimes I get audio out of sync too. 

On a P4 3Ghz with 2G RAM.

Oh, I am using a C615 by the way. What's strange is that it'll be smooth for a bit then stutter, back and forth, like frames are occasionally being skipped.