Logi Nu
Aviini

USB Device Not Recognized

Hi All,

I purchased logitech HD Webcam C510 today ( M/N - V-U0016) and P/N - 860-000261).

I installed the software/drivers from CD along with VID HD. After completing the installation and opening the webcam, it say's "No Cam Detected". I tried re-installing the drivers after cleaning up earlier installation, still of no help.

SO I downloaded the full latest drivers (lws225_full.exe) from logitech site. After installing, I was facing the same problem.

I got USB device error after each installation (USB Device Not Recognized: One of the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it).

My system config is:

MS Windows XP Professional

Ver 2002 SP3

Model HP6450b

Intel Core i5

M 520 @ 2.40Ghz

1.17Ghz,  1.85 GB RAM

230 GB HD

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

Re: USB Device Not Recognized

[ Edited ]

Hello Aviini:

Thank you for posting to our Logitech Community Forums.

More than like;y what your issue is is to uninstall the software, in total, and do the following:

1) go to START

2) go to RUN

3) in the dialog box type msiexec--more than likely the installer version is 3. Go to here

and under Files in this download, scroll to the last Download in the section that corresponds to XP.

4)Download the file

5)Reinstall Logitech Software by clicking here

6)Try your software

Hope this helps!

Regards 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.
Logi Nu
Aviini

Hi,

I tried the steps provided by you, but still its the same issue. Am not sure why sometimes the system doesn't even recognize the device.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Arvind

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
kpeppard

[ Edited ]

Hello Aviini:

Thank you for posting your issue to the Logitech Community Forums.

I suggest you try this webcam at another computer to see if it operates on another computer. If it operates the same then please contact the Customer Care Centre in your region for a possible replacement or take it back to the store where you purchased it from.

If it operates fine on another computer then, on the original computer, uninstall the Logitech Webcam Software and perform a clean boot. After putting the computer in a cleanboot then reinstall the Logitech Webcam Software and see how the webcam works in  this mode. If it works then there is a third piece of software that is stopping your computer from operating correctly.

Since the above steps did not work then please do the following:

1)uninstall LWS(Logitech webcam Software)

2)unplug the USB

3)power your computer down

4)unplug your computer from the wall for 10 minutes

5)plug your computer back in and power on your computer

6)install LWS and plug in the receiver when prompted

After this troubleshooting, see if you get the same message. By unplugging your computer it lets  the USB ports time to reconfigure.

Again, if the above steps did not work then please contact the Customer Care Centre within your region.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer.