Logi Nu
Kyleao

USB Device not recognized

I have the Quickcam pro for notebooks. I use the 64 bit version of Vista

M/V: V-UBU48 

P/N:860-000108

This product has worked great for me for a couple of years.  However, recently I get notifications in my icon tray telling me that my USB device not recognized.  I tried to uninstall then reinstall the software with a clean boot and the software that came on the CD with no success.  There is no "imaging devices" column in my devices manager.  Any suggestions?

Logi Nu
skypefan

Re: USB Device not recognized

I am having the same issue with my Pro 9000. I re-installed (lws230) and still my computer won't recognize it - this only started happening this week and I've used the camera for almost a year now.....
MichaelKenward
Topics: 17
Solutions: 252

Tried a different USB port?

Switching between these can persuade your PC to reinstall the required drivers for the device.

When you uninstall the device, you could also check that there are no drivers left behind after the process.

To do this, you need to get into "Device Manager".

When you have done that, you can go to the View menu and get it to "Show hidden devices".

If you go to the USB section, you will find there are probably dozens of "hidden" devices with a pale icon. These are usually things that you have unplugged but that Windows keeps in its system for the next time you connect the device.

More important, look in the "Imaging devices" section. If anything looks odd there, try to remove it.

This suggestion is based on general experience with USB devices rather than the Logitech camera, but is might work.

M570, Cordless Trackball | Cordless Trackman Wheel | T650 Touchpad
K800, K360, K340 keyboards
QuickCam Pro 9000 | H600 headset
SetPoint: 6.61.15 | Driver version: 5.60.73 | LWS 2.31
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit & 32-bit | Windows 8.1 Update

If you find a solution to your problem, mark it as "solved". This assists people who are looking for help with their problems.

Logi Nu
Kyleao

I tried all my USB ports.  There actually was a remenant of Logitech in the "Non-plug and play Drivers" labeled "Logitech LVPr2M64 Driver".  Not sure what it was but I uninstalled it then tried to reinstall my software and webcam driver to no avail.

I really do appreciate the help and am open to any suggestions. 

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
jlohnes

Hello Kyleao,

Please contact the customer support team in your region for further assistance. 

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
jlohnes

[ Edited ]

Hello skypefan,

If you are using a USB hub or KVM switch, please remove the webcam from this device and plug directly into the PC. If not, please make sure to use a different USB port when performing the next steps.

Try re-installing your software in clean boot mode. First, download the Full Installer, for the latest version of LWS, to your desktop using this link. Then set up your system for clean boot and install from your desktop. Test the cam. If you still have an issue, try this on a different PC. If you continue to have the issue on more than one computer, please contact the customer support team in your region.

Also, please remember to return your PC to regular boot mode using the same link as clean boot above.

Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate
If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
SaintDragon

I had exactly SAME problem!! Only thing that helped, RESET BIOS SETTINGS to DEFAULT !!!

HOPE that will help someone...

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum SaintDragon! :smileyhappy:

SaintDragon sez -

Only thing that helped, RESET BIOS SETTINGS to DEFAULT !!!

OK.

Thank you for posting your comments and suggestion to this thread.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS