12-18-2009 09:23 AM
I was having problems with my new Logitech Orbit MP it was giving me the same error. I contacted technical support, and they gave me a way to fix it. That did not work, then they emailed me again and gave me the link to this fix. Although this fix did not work eather. I am starting to get a little irritated and wanted to know if there is any other way to fix this (if not I'm afraid i will have to return my cam). error code: 0x80040606. I did message them back through my email telling them that this fix did not work eather, but it has been two days and I have not recieved another response from them. I am running Windows XP on my computer. Could you please help me
12-18-2009 11:00 AM
1) What is the 8xxxxx (or 860-xxxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably... the USB\VID ID?
2) Which version of the Logitech supplied QuickCam software application/drivers is installed (FAQ #5105)?
3) Does this issue occur when you are using the camera in the Logitech supplied QuickCam software application (i.e., to create still images and/or videos), or only in your third-party Instant Messenger program?
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.
New to Webcams? START HERE!
Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 184.108.40.2068 / 220.127.116.110 / 18.104.22.1689 / 22.214.171.1245 / 126.96.36.1993 - Issues and Solutions
Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues? "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS