Logi Browser
alYsa

Video codec problems? (Vista x64)

[ Edited ]
I just bought Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Deluxe P/N: 861228
I am running Vista Ultimate x64 and had USB TV tuner (pinnacle hd pro stick) and had Vista Codec x64 package (http://shark007.testbox.dk/) installed on the machine.
Logitech 11.5 drivers installed without any problems, but when i run Webcam preview - image is distorted (like mosaic).
I tried the same webcam on another computer with Vista Ultimate x64, same drivers, but no TV tuner and it worked fine.
So I presume that video codecs did not install correctly with 11.5 setup or there is something conflicting.
I uninstalled TV tuner drivers, uninstalled Vista Codecs x64 package, reinstalled Logitech driver, but image is still distorted.
Any sugestions?

Message Edited by alYsa on 11-28-2007 09:13 PM

Message Edited by Pegasus on 11-29-2007 01:16 PM
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

Re: Video codec problems? (Vista x64)

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum alYsa! :smileyhappy:

I'm hoping that you will read my personal welcome thread as we progress. Thank you.

Do you have > 4 GB RAM installed?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
alYsa

I have 4GB of RAM (and Nvidia video)
KachiWachi

This is a known issue (with solution) that had been posted to the "Issues and Solutions" thread for some time now.

All posters should check the "floated" threads to see if there issue has been previously reported before posting.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
alYsa

You call it SOLUTION?
having 3GB of RAM instead of 4GB is SOLUTION?
lucky me that i can get my money back...
KachiWachi

You need to read further.

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
alYsa

You need to edit that post to remove unnecessary stuff...

People if you have this problem and can not find the original thread, just download this hotfix from MS:

KachiWachi

Thank you for your comments.

The reason that the "unnecessary stuff" is there is because some OP's may not be allowed to update or patch their machines (e.g.: business reasons).

The removal of system memory is an alternate solution to this issue, so it will remain present in the thread.

Thanks.

* Thanks.