Logi Nu
weemies

Video noise reduction in the advanced webcam settings (Windows 7 64-bit)

[ Edited ]

I have the QuickCam Pro 9000 webcam and back when I was using Windows XP and the older Logitech webcam drivers (such as qc1150.exe and qc1180_x64.exe) the advanced Right Light settings included an option to reduce video noise. I really liked this option because it killed the flicker really effectively. I'm now using Windows 7 64-bit and unfortunately it looks like the newer drivers no longer have this option (such as lws210_full.exe). Is there any way to reduce video noise with the newer drivers or is there any chance this option could be brought back in a future driver release?

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Re: Video noise reduction in the advanced webcam settings (Windows 7 64-bit)

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum weemies! :smileyhappy:

What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably, its USB\VID ID?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
weemies

[ Edited ]

Here is the information from the device manager. Is this what you meant? I'm not sure how it is relevant to my question though.

Here is the information from the device manager. Is this what you meant? I'm not sure how it is relevant to my question though.

=== Start of device information =======================
Device name:           Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
USB Vendor ID (VID):   0x046D
USB Product ID (PID):  0x0990
USB Revision (BCD):    0x0007
Firmware Version:      2.96.6009
Firmware CRC:          0xCCF8
EEPROM Version:        2.119
Sensor Type:           2.6
Driver Version:        13.10.1216.0
=== End of device information =========================

KachiWachi

Please provide a sample image and/or video that illustrates this condition for evaluation.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
weemies

Why is a sample image necessary? My question is very clear by itself. Did you actually understand what I am asking?

KachiWachi

Earlier in this thread, weemies asks -

Is there any way to reduce video noise with the newer drivers or is there any chance this option could be brought back in a future driver release?

Please contact Logitech Support directly for further assistance with this issue.

Thanks.

* Thanks.