08-09-2009 06:13 PM
tonight i purchased a quickcam deluxe for notebooks at best buy. i previously owned another logitech webcam (pro for notebooks) but someone broke it a few months back & i am just now replacing it. while i was installing it, my computer never recognized the video, only sound.... i tried uninstalling & reinstalling but nothing seems to work. my camera wont recognize in any of my 4 USB ports. any suggestions?? i was worried that maybe i had a faulty cam, but it installed fine on my dads laptop & it worked great. what could be the problem here????
thanks so much in advance!
08-10-2009 03:34 AM
1) What is the 8xxxxx (or 860-xxxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably... the USB\VID ID?
2) Which version of the Logitech supplied QuickCam software application/drivers is installed (FAQ #5105)?
3) What Operating System (OS) and Service Pack (SP) version is installed?
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.
New to Webcams? START HERE!
Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 22.214.171.1248 / 126.96.36.1990 / 188.8.131.529 / 184.108.40.2065 / 220.127.116.113 - Issues and Solutions
Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues? "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS