01-31-2011 07:35 AM
I have a Logitech webcam C905. I have trouble with it when I connect it to a self-powered USB Hub and using Skype.
When I plug in to my self powered USB hub, Skype would detect and works okay on the skype's self test/adjustment feature. Even the mic works.
However, once I want/start Skype chat with video feature, the other person cannot see me. :-( I had to unplug from the hub and connect it back directly to the notebook I have.
I read that other similar models have similiar problems. However, some users reported that they solved the problem by using a self powered USB hub. I'd like to know what models of USB hub you are using to get it works and if you experience similar problems I have.
The USB hub I have is APC band 7 port version.
01-31-2011 01:00 PM
1) What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably, its USB\VID ID?
2) What Operating System (OS) and Service Pack (SP) version is installed?
KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?
If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<
In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.
* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.
New to Webcams? START HERE!
Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 126.96.36.1998 / 188.8.131.520 / 184.108.40.2069 / 220.127.116.115 / 18.104.22.1683 - Issues and Solutions
Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues? "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS