Logi Nu
snail

Webcam screen showing black?

I have the same webcam as my mum,the Logitech Quickcam for Notebooks Deluxe.Mine is working perfectly but for some reason when I try and connect to her webcam,via windows live messenger,all I can see is black.My mum puts the brightness setting up,in the logitech settings section,and the blackness goes to a dark grey so the webcam is working but not sure why it is happening and her webcam worked briefly after my dad had a look at it but hasn't worked since.Has anyone else experienced this?I feel a bit lost this end because I can't see the computer,I've told her to unistall and try re-installing the software but ,to be honest,I don't really know what I'm doing.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be really greatful!! :smileyhappy:
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,293
Solutions: 505

Re: Webcam screen showing black?

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum snail! :smileyhappy:

I'm hoping that you will read my personal welcome thread as we progress. Thank you.

Does the camera function properly in the Logitech supplied QuickCam software?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
snail

I've spoken to my mum,she said she could see herself in the logitech box but then windows shut the computer down :/

Thank you for the quick response :smileyvery-happy:
KachiWachi

If this happens ONLY in a third-party IM program, please see this post for more information.

If this happens in QuickCam as well, please report back here for further assistance.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing LIMITED "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
sabrinafair

I had the same problem - I have the QuickCam Pro 5000, and was loving it, then one day it just stopped working. I thought it was my USB ports as they were having trouble connecting to things, but I tried my cam on another computer as well as other ports and got a new USB hub, and no difference.

No matter whether I use it in the genuine QuickCam software, MSN, Yahoo, Skype, etc, the screen is black. The webcam connects, the light turns on, etc, but no picture shows up. The cam was working fine then one day it just stopped and now I don't know how to fix it. I have uninstalled all the software and drivers and reinstalled, and nothing.

Please help!
KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum sabrinafair! :smileyhappy:

I'm hoping that you will read my personal welcome thread as we progress. Thank you.

In your case, it sounds like the camera has gone bad.

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
sabrinafair

Haha great, thanks. $150 camera down the drain after only a few months of use. I really like Logitech but this is the 2nd Logitech camera I've had thats committed suicide.
KachiWachi

sabrinafair sez -

Haha great, thanks. $150 camera down the drain after only a few months of use. I really like Logitech but this is the 2nd Logitech camera I've had thats committed suicide.

Please contact Logitech directly for a warranty replacement.

Thanks.

Ref: FAQ #53 - Reference: Defective product-Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) procedures
Ref: FAQ #3238 - Camera Warranty Duration

* Thanks.