Logi Nu
QuickCamPro4000

Re: Windows 7 Has A Driver For QuickCam Pro 4000

I found a solution for the W7 driver problem:

1) Install Quickcam in XP compatibility mode (SP3)

2) Attach webcam

3) Look in computermanagement for any unknown devices and update drivers (right click).

4) Start program "Logitech Quickcam", ignore the compatibility warning

5) Success!

Logi Nu
LondonLeo

How do you install Quickcam in XP compatability mode (SP3)?

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Hi QuickCamPro4000 and LondonLeo, 

Unfortunately, compatibility mode installations are not supported by Logitech. The QuickCam Pro and the QuickCam software is also not supported within a Windows 7 environment. 

Best Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Haygirl08

Plug in the webcam to your computer and then have Windows check for updates. There is an update for the driver so you can use it.

KachiWachi
Topics: 246
Kudos: 1,190
Solutions: 485

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum Haygirl08! :smileyhappy:

When you use "Check for Updates" (i.e., Windows/Microsoft Update), the driver that is offered for download is:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=Logitech%20QuickCam%20Pro%204000

As you can see, for Windows 7, the driver (Version 10.5.1.2023) is identified as: Windows Driver Testing Client.

This means that the driver is meant for testing purposes only; it has not been qualified to run on Windows 7, nor is it supported on Windows 7.

Thanks.

(Ref: This thread)

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
Mike20878

Are you saying the only option if I upgrade to Win 7 is to buy a new webcam?  Oddly, if I start QuickCam it appears to work.  However, I get frequent Windows messages that the software has stopped working.  Can Logitech offer any kind of discount for this inconvenience?  I rarely use my cam so I may as well forget about replacing it.

KachiWachi
Topics: 246
Kudos: 1,190
Solutions: 485

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum Mike20878! :smileyhappy:

Mike20878 asks -

Can Logitech offer any kind of discount for this inconvenience?

Please contact Logitech Support directly for assistance with this issue.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS