Logi Browser
liuduan
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 Has A Driver For QuickCam Pro 4000

Windows 7 Has A Driver For QuickCam Pro 4000

I have a fresh installed Windows 7. When I plugged in the QuickCam Pro 4000, it worked, at lease the video part worked.

Then I installed the software QuickCam 10.5, I hoped it might work better. However, it stopped working.

I uninstalled QuickCam 10.5, but it still not working. The Logitech driver for QuickCam Pro 4000 is probably still in my computer.

I guess the driver is in C:/Windows/System32/DriverStore/FileRespository, but I cannot find the driver to delete.

Could someone help me to find the non-functional QuickCam Pro 4000 driver, so I can delete it?

Thanks.

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Re: Windows 7 Has A Driver For QuickCam Pro 4000

Hi liuduan,

Unfortunately, the Quickcam Pro 4000 nor our software (Quickcam 10.5) is supported for use on Windows 7.

Please contact Customer Support in your region for further assistance, as they may have an option available to you.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
liuduan

I found out you do not have a driver for Windows 7, but could you just tell me how to remove the Logitech driver?

bphillips

Please choose one of the following solutions, to removing the webcam drivers.

1) Uninstall the drivers from your Device Manager:

- Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager
- Drop down the category "Sound Video and Game Controllers"
- Right-click on your webcam's mic listing, which may be shown as USB Audio Device
- Select Uninstall (if prompted to restart, please wait)
- Drop down the category "Imaging Devices" or "Other Devices"
- Right-click on your webcam's listing, which may show as USB Video Device or Unknown Device
- Select Uninstall
- Unplug your webcam and restart your computer

OR

2) Restore your system to a point before the webcam was installed:

- Start Menu > In the search box, type System Restore

- Select System Restore from the list

- Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Browser
liuduan

Hi, bphillips,

I know that Logitech does not support Windows 7 with QuickCam Pro 4000, but at least the Logitech drivers should not be on the way. And you should be able to tell me the file name of your drivers, so I can remove it.

Thanks.

LIU Duan
Logi Browser
liuduan

Thank you for your reply. I will try.

Logi Browser
liuduan

I removed the Logitech driver, but the QuickCam Pro 4000 still not working.

These were what I thought happened.

1. When I first plugged in QuickCam Pro 4000 into a Windows 7 system. The system found a best driver for it, and it worked.

2. When I installed Logitech driver, the driver does not work. So it stopped working.

3. When I removed Logitech driver, Windows 7 gives it another driver that is “C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbccgp.sys”. This driver does not work.

I guess no one knows which driver in Windows 7 might make QuickCam Pro 4000 partially working.

If anyone know which driver in Windows 7 can make QuickCam Pro 4000 partially working, please reply.

Thanks.

bphillips

As I previously mentioned, the QuickCam Pro 4000 is not supported for use on Windows 7 meaning there is no driver available for a Windows 7 system.

Please contact Customer Support in your region, as they may have another option available for you.

Logi Browser
liuduan

But, it worked once.

bphillips wrote:

As I previously mentioned, the QuickCam Pro 4000 is not supported for use on Windows 7 meaning there is no driver available for a Windows 7 system.

Please contact Customer Support in your region, as they may have another option available for you.

bphillips

You may have had it working once before, however we cannot support it, as it's not meant to work on a Windows 7 platform.