Logi Nu
lfred

Windows 8 Drivers

Just downloaded the Windows 8 version of Skype and tried to load the Windows 7 driver for the C910..any ideas on when this will be availalble..

Logi Product Team
pedroc

Re: Windows 8 Drivers

[ Edited ]

Hi,

At this time I don't have a date when Windows 8 drivers will be available but rest assured

that when Windows 8 goes live to the public we will have our drivers ready.

Thanks,

-PedroC

Logi Nu
lfred

Just  connected the Logitech Webcam to Windows 8 Preview Edition and Skype..worked flawlessly..guess I did not need to post here.  Just an fyi for everyone. Leo

Logi Nu
teagan451

Were you using 1.1 or 2.3 drivers before and were you ever able to use (if so which) Logitech sofware such as vid? Which OS did you move up from?

Thanks

Logi Nu
jobshopr

I worked around the OS check by using Compatability mode.

Right click on the installer an choose Troubleshoot Compatability.

It will simulate Windows XP SP3 and everything will then install.

ModeratorTeam

From our getting started FAQ:

Q. Another forum user posted a workaround/hack/tweak that enables older products to work with a non-supported operating system. Should I give this a try?

A. Logitech does not endorse or approve non-Logitech posted workarounds, and that Logitech does not advise trying said workarounds. Although a workaround may work with a limited number of system configurations, it may not work for all users and may cause instability or other technical issues.
Using any non-Logitech workaround or hack is at the individual user's own risk. Please see the “Disclaimers” section in the Terms of Use document for more information.

Please note that for the purposes of this discussion (and of this forum in general), non-supported means that if you install a driver on non-supported operating systems, Logitech will not be able to assist you in the event that your system becomes unstable or non-functional. 

Logi Nu
llvllaxl

Gracias

Logi Nu
robbatt

Are there any news on this? I just updated my windows 7 to 8 at work and everything still works, except for my c920 webcam that I need for work. So any chance you can tell us when the new drivers will arrive?

Thanks,

Robert

Logi Product Team
pedroc

[ Edited ]

Hi,

At this time there is not any new news, I would keep checking our website as we are always providing updates.

Thanks,

-PedroC

Logi Nu
mccabe999999

While not recomended by Logitech, this also worked for me (Compatibility mode)