Logi Visitor
Perry

Windows does not recognise my logitech quickcam

Hi
I have just bought a new quickcam pro 5000 but windows does not recognise the device, can anyone offer any advice. I have checked the support page but it doesnt really help.

Thanks'
:smileymad:
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

Re: Windows does not recognise my logitech quickcam

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum Perry! :smileyhappy:

Since you posted in IM, I assume you mean your IM does not recognize your camera...correct?

Which IM?

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Visitor
Perry

Actually I tried withthe disk provided and i get message usb device not recognized.  I have also tried with MSN messenger and that does not recognize eother.

Thanks

Perry
KachiWachi

Device Not Recognized - So it doesn't work in QuickCam either...correct?

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., or RightNow® Technologies, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums once 24 hours have passed.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Visitor
Perry

No cannot get any response
KachiWachi

A question for you -

I'm having your post moved to the appropriate forum (IM -> Software) so that you can get the answers you want more quickly. I'm also gathering some information so that we can help others more efficiently.

I'm gathering some information to help everyone get answers to their questions more quickly.

Being a new user, did you read this post, this post, or this post prior to submitting your question? Did you use the forum "Search" feature to see if your issue has already been covered prior to posting? Can you tell me what made you decide to post in this forum initially instead of one of the other webcam forums?

If you choose not to respond to this survey, please reply as such. Otherwise, thanks for your input.

* Thanks.

Logi Visitor
Perry

Hi

I presumed this was the best forum for this.  Yes I did have a look but could not find a solution.

Thanks I hope someone can help as need to get set up as soon as poss.

Thanks

Perry:smileyindifferent:
KachiWachi

"Device Not Recognized" makes your issue primarially a Software forum issue...before you even get to using it with an IM.

I still need all the information requested in the above post links...or I cannot provide assistance.

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Visitor
Perry

Thanks,

Camera is a quickcam Pro 5000
Software version 10.0
Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition, version 2002, Service Pack 2
Dell Dimension DIM 3000, INTEL (R)
Celeron CPU 2.66GHZ, 512 MB ram

really appreciate your time and help on this, I have scoured the related forums but nothing seems to be working for me

Thanks

Perry
:mansad:

KachiWachi

Anything show up in the Device Manager?

Any errors in the setupapi.log or Event Viewer?

* Thanks.