Logi Nu
ChristianD
Accepted Solution

c920 Drivers only download.

Hello,

I searched the forums, and the website looking for a way to build a package for the driver files only.   We use several 'variants' of our corporate image as it was updated over the course of time.  All machines (in this case) will be Windows XP SP3.   I am looking for a zip or an install for just the driver files.  Some of our machines, when you plug in the C920 the new hardware wizard finds / recognizes and installs the c920.  Other machines, "USB Imaging Device"

We are about to deploy about 800 of these cameras across our enterprise.  Starting with the first batch of over 150.  

I went to http://logitech-sjca.navisite.net/web/ftp/pub/video/quickcam/Logitech_Webcam_Drivers_Administrators_... and though it offered some good information, when I run the lws240c920_smart.exe /S from a command prompt, it fails on every machine, with the message "Logitech Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.  If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost." 

Error signature - Appname: Msetup.exe  AppVer: 2.19.0.11 ModName: msetup.exe ModVer 2.19.0.11  Offset: 0003ae3c

I can replicate this on every machine.  It seems to unpack the files into the user\local settings\temp\Logitech_Webcam_2.40.845.0 directory.   There are no driver files (inf) in the directories.

Long story short -  need driver files only - the files added to the winnt\system32\ folders for the c920.  Then I can build a package to deploy those files to the 800+ machines I am about to buy cameras for.

Thank you for your time!!

Christian Dillon

Logi Nu
smills29

Re: c920 Drivers only download.

You need to use the full download. I just tried it and it worked for me, found the files in %temp%

Logi Nu
ChristianD

Downloaded and 'extracted' the full version of software.  I was able to find the 'LWS_Driver_installer_X86 and X64.exe' files from the doc&settings\user\local settings\temp\logitech_webcam_2.40.845.0\drivers folder.

I was then able to run that with the /S switch from a command prompt.  Will test on several machines and report back with the results.

Thank you!!!

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum ChristianD! :smileyhappy:

ChristianD sez -

Will test on several machines and report back with the results.

OK.

Please report back in with your progress and updated status when you can.

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
ChristianD

****RESOLVED*****
Few things.. The software that was failing was the smart installer.

Solution - Downloaded the full version of softare and ran it up to the point of it wanting to install. This extracted all the files to the temp folder. In there was a "DRIVERS" folder which contained just the driver install files.. I was then able to create a batch file that determined if the OS was 32 or 64 bit. Pointing it to the LWS_Driver_installer_x64 or x86.exe files. This allowed me to deploy "JUST" the driver via sccm.

This quesion has been resolved. Here is the content of my batch file if you guys want to offer this as a solution at a later date.

Hope this helps anyone else.

How to deploy ONLY the driver files through out an enterprise. -

****** BATCH START *****

@Echo off

if defined ProgramFiles(x86) goto INS64

goto INS32

:INS32
Echo 32 bit installing LWS_Driver_Installer_x86 /S

goto END

:INS64
Echo 64 bit installing LWS_Driver_Installer_x64 /S

goto END

:END

KachiWachi

ChristianD sez -

Solution - Downloaded the full version of softare and ran it up to the point of it wanting to install. This extracted all the files to the temp folder. In there was a "DRIVERS" folder which contained just the driver install files.. I was then able to create a batch file that determined if the OS was 32 or 64 bit. Pointing it to the LWS_Driver_installer_x64 or x86.exe files. This allowed me to deploy "JUST" the driver via sccm.

OK.

Thank you for reporting back in with your progress and updated status.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
SoMuchMedia

I have done the same thing, extracted the LWS_Driver_installer_x64 ran it with the /S through SCCM on a new machine.  However, when I then plug in the C920 camera, it still attempts to install the drivers and since our users are not administrators, it prompts for credentials.  We want to have the drivers preinstalled on ~1,000 PCs so that when users get the new cameras they plug them in, select them in OCS/Lync and they are done.

Did you have this problem?

Thanks!

John

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum SoMuchMedia! :smileyhappy:

SoMuchMedia sez -

However, when I then plug in the C920 camera, it still attempts to install the drivers and since our users are not administrators, it prompts for credentials.

Logitech Webcam Drivers - System Administrators Guide (PDF)

Ref: Installation Methods -> General Instructions

Thanks.

* Thanks.