Logi Nu
Graniter
Accepted Solution

difference between "B" and "C" versions of webcams?

I've seen some posts on these forums regarding this question that get into very specific details of particular cameras, but at a higher level, what is the difference between Logitech's business and consumer web cameras?

The logitech website prompts me to switch to business or consumer depending on how I enter the site, but I can't find any useful explanation of how the products differ other than their feature pages list different features.

Does the hardware for these two models actually differ, or is just the software?

If the differences are only software, can I buy a C910 and download the B910 software?

Thanks

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Re: difference between "B" and "C" versions of webcams?

[ Edited ]

Hi Graniter,  

The difference between the business line and consumer line of webcams is mainly the software. The business download only includes the driver package for the webcam, while the consumer download installs the entire software package. The 'B' line also comes with a 3-year limited hardware warranty instead of 2-years. 

The only exception to what I previously stated is the new B990. It differs from the others, as it is equipped with onboard HD video encoding and is available on thin clients.

I hope this helps! 

Best Regards, 

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Graniter

bphillips wrote:

The difference between the business line and consumer line of webcams is mainly the software. The business download only includes the driver package for the webcam, while the consumer download installs the entire software package.

Thanks, that does help - if I purchase a consumer model, can I download the business software for it (I don't need/want anything other than the drivers).

bphillips

[ Edited ]

You should have no problems installing the business driver package, which can be found and downloaded by clicking here!

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
Ysun1014

Hi, Im thinking of buying webcam C910, as an individual customer, can I know what's the difference between this C910 and B910? I compared prices on some online website, like eBay, Amazon etc, B & C their prices differ, and both are much cheaper than buying on logitech official website. I just want to spend the money good for value.

bphillips

[ Edited ]

Hi Ysun1014,

The only difference between the C910 and the B910 is the software that accompanies them and the warranty period. The B910 (business) includes only the driver package for the webcam and has a a 3-year limited hardware warranty. The C910 includes the entire software package (drivers, effects, QuickCapture) and comes with a 2-year limited hardware warranty. 

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

[Admin Edit: broken URL fixed]

Logi Nu
Ysun1014

[ Edited ]

Yes, it does help, thanks. Is this means that the B has better quality than the C series, because it has longer warranty period and it for business customers exclusively? I believe people can get that software package from internet anyway, so it doesn't make sense if only with software to tell them apart.

bphillips

The B910 is, unfortunately, not compatible with the C910's software package. If you were looking to access effects and QuickCapture (our video software), the C910 would be the best choice.

Logi Nu
Ysun1014

Hi bPhillips,

I see, so C910 has more function and better software support. 

bphillips

[ Edited ]

Exactly. The C910 uses our software package (LWS 2.27), which allows you to create videos, take pictures, use effects (ie. face masks, avatars), and adjust the webcam's settings.

[Admin Edit: broken URL fixed]