Logi Nu
ninxterra

installing Webcam software v2.0 crash with windows 7 64bit

[ Edited ]

I just purchased the C910 from Amazon and every time I load the Logitech Webcam Software v2.0 for Windows XP, Windows Vista Works with Windows 7 to install the software causes my computer to crash with the Blue Screen of death and forces a reboot.  It gets as far a 42% and it is trying to load the device drivers then causes a system crash.    I have Windows 7 64bit version.  Is this software incompatible with Windows 7?

KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,263
Solutions: 505

Re: installing Webcam software v2.0 crash with windows 7 64bit

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum ninxterra! :smileyhappy:

Does this issue occur when the camera is installed in UVC Mode?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums until the new SSO issues have been resolved.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
abysm

I'm having the exact same problem on Windows 7 Enterprise, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. BSOD!! I'm just doing the quick install from the CD, also tried the minimal install download from the logitech support website. The minimal install from logitech support does not install at all, gives an error message that there is another install in progress or other possible errors.

Logi Browser
abysm

I just tried UVC mode, and it crashes after it finds the device and is searching for device driver, same bluescreen message. looks like ya got problemssssssssss on the windows 7 x64 platform!!!

KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum abysm! :smileyhappy:

1) What is the 860-xxxxxx (or 8xxxxx) series number from the camera's identification tag (FAQ #3427), or preferably... the USB\VID ID?

2) What is the EXACT BSOD that you receive?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums until the new SSO issues have been resolved.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Browser
abysm

mn: v-u0017

pn: 860-000266

pid: lz026s6

USB\VID_046D&PID_0821\8D26FA90

USB\VID_046D&PID_0821\8D26FA90

Logi Browser
abysm

I cant really catch the BSOD information other than its in ks.sys, the memory.dmp file doesnt appear to be saving for some reason.

Logi Browser
abysm

I followed the clean boot procedure using msconfig, reinstalled the logitech software without logitech vid product successfully. rebooted with normal settings seems to work ok.

Logitech needs to get to the bottom of this conflict issue though.

KachiWachi

OK.

Thank you for reporting back in with your progress and updated status.

* Thanks.

Logi Browser
abysm

today I noticed an optional update in my windows update area for this logitech camera, dated 7/15/2010, I tried installing it and BSOD again.

hope a fix comes out! honestly ive not seen a BSOD in years before this!