Logi Nu
nAmAk

multiple HD webcams connect to one machine

[ Edited ]

Hi

I want to buy multiple Logitech HD webcam C310 and connect them to one computer and record video simultaneously by them.

from point of Hardware Requirement: Can I do that?!

what are the minimum hardware requierments for this work?

Is video recording smooth? In this situation my video recording how many frame per second has?

thanks

Retired Logitech Employee / Moderator (Inactive)
bphillips

Re: multiple HD webcams connect to one machine

Hi nAmAk,   

Unfortunately this cannot be done, as your PC will only operate one webcam at a time. We do, however, have security cameras/systems which can be used in the manner you specified.

Best Regards,

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
nAmAk

Hi

but why? Can't we use a usb hub and programming an application for that?

Thanks

bphillips

Our webcams are only designed to work one at a time in each application you are using (ie. Skype, Yahoo, LWS). You may be able to perform the task with a third party software that allows multiple webcams to be detected/in use, however, we cannot support it.

Knowledgebase | Downloads + Get Parts | Contact Support | Manuals | Warranty | Rebate

If a reply adequately addresses your technical issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Logi Nu
nAmAk

Hi

I know in these softwares can't use multiple webcameras.

My question is about minimum hardware requirement for using that.

for example:how much RAM or VGA does need? for two or more webcams when we want recording good quality video simoultanously?

we will program the software which need in this situation. now for starting project, I want to know if it is possible or not?

Thanks

bphillips

[ Edited ]

Hi nAmAk,

Since the webcams were not manufactured to work simultaneously within our software, I cannot guarantee what results you will achieve using a third-party program. I also cannot give a definite answer regarding what system specifications would be optimal to complete such a task. However, for regular use with one of our webcams, the basic and optimal system specs are as follows:

Basic

- 512 MB RAM or more
- 200 MB hard drive space
- internet upload and download speed of at least 1mbps
- USB 1.1 port (2.0 recommended)
- 1 GHz processor

Optimal

- 2 GB RAM
- 200 MB hard drive space
- USB 2.0 port
- internet upload and download speed of 3mbps or higher
- 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor

Best Regards,