Logi Nu
moorrbrt1

product registration and customer survey

I had to download the software from Logitech to make my webcam work, because it's been so long since I used it that I lost the software cd that came with it.  I was instructed to register the product which I did. 

I have been instructed two more times to register it and have been asked to participate in the customer survey several times as well in the last three to four weeks.  I don't want to do either again.  How do I make this stop?
KachiWachi
Topics: 251
Kudos: 1,279
Solutions: 505

Re: product registration and customer survey

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum moorrbrt1! :smileyhappy:

Is the Logitech Desktop Messenger installed?

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)
  Have you checked your Logitech Forums Private Messages today?  

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

New to Webcams? START HERE!

Logitech Webcam Software 2.x (a.k.a. QuickCam 13.x) - Issues and Solutions
Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
moorrbrt1

I'm not sure I know what the "desktop messenger" is.  If I installed it, I didn't know that was what I was doing.  There are three startup programs now that are from Logitech.  "LogitechQuickCamRibbon," "Logitech, Product Registration" and "LogitechCommunicationsManager."  Can I turn these off and my webcam still work.  If not I'll just have to uninstall.  I was asked again this morning when I turned on my computer to register the product.  I refuse to do so again for the third time.  Not for a device that I very rarely use.
I can't say that I'll be in a hurry to buy any of their other products.
KachiWachi

moorrbrt1 sez -

I'm not sure I know what the "desktop messenger" is.

For more information on the Logitech Desktop Messenger, please see the following FAQ -

Thanks.

KachiWachi - Webcam Forum Guru (2002), Logi Legend (2007), Distinguished Logi Legend (2010), QuickCam® Team Forums (2007)
(I am not affiliated with Logitech®, Inc., Lithium™ Technologies, Inc., RightNow® Technologies, Inc., or Salesforce.com, Inc.)

If you are looking for official Logitech Customer / Technical Support, please >> CLICK HERE <<

In order to help keep the forum content "fresh", please do not post a reply to any thread that is over six (6) months old.

* Please note that I am currently NOT providing "general" troubleshooting assistance in the public forums at this time.
* However, if I am interested in your issue, and for all "advanced" issues, I will be sending you a Private Message before then.
* Thanks.

* PS - If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" buttons, so that this information can benefit others.

Logitech Webcam Software 1.00.1280 / 1.10.1113 (a.k.a. QuickCam 12.x) - Issues and Solutions
QuickCam 11.0.0.1218 / 11.1.0.2030 / 11.5.0.1169 / 11.8.0.1065 / 11.9.0.1263 - Issues and Solutions

Is your problem one of these older, common, known, or repeat issues?     "Everything Macintosh"
How to make your Logitech camera work in an IM                     Are you looking for (older) software?
Why your older Logitech camera *may* not be supported on Windows Vista, 7, 8, and/or on a 64-bit OS
Logi Nu
moorrbrt1

No, I don't have the desktop messenger installed.  I did turn off all the "services" that were starting up with my computer, which should take care of the registration problem.  If the webcam no longer works then so be it.  I'm not going to register it every week or so.
I thank you for your time.
KachiWachi

I'm not sure why the "Logitech, Product Registration" (C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\eReg.exe) is not completing.

For the moment, I would "turn off" this entry using MSCONFIG.

Please contact Logitech Support directly for further assistance with this issue.

Thanks.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
moorrbrt1

Yes, I turned it off.  I have the Windows Patrol program that does the same job.  Turned off all of their services.
Thank you for your time.
KachiWachi

OK.

Thank you for reporting back in with your progress and updated status.

* Thanks.

Logi Nu
yetanothername

I am an advanced computer user, having built at least a couple of hundred systems and having used computers since my first Tandy with a tape drive, having used every single Windows os along with several Linux and other open source operating systems dual triple boots and so on. It is pretty safe for me to say that once i register a product i want it to stay that way period. If i should happen to have to format and re-install the os it would be greatly appreciated if the whole process of going through what is really a useless act be nipped in the bud with say a link that says no i don't want to or i already have registered.

I have yet in all this time ever have any real use for registering a product, i hardly think that such information as asked for accurately registers any products to me. Rather it seems to be a way for Logitech to track where their products are sold

Yetanothername
KachiWachi

Welcome to the Logitech Community Webcam Forum yetanothername! :smileyhappy:

OK.

Thank you for posting your comments to this thread.

* Thanks.